Help support TMP

"American Eagle vs the Horrors of the SS" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Zombies Message Board

Back to the Weird WWII Message Board

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Superhero Message Board

Back to the Horror Message Board

Back to the Fantasy Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

1,286 hits since 21 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

UnfortunateWound Inactive Member21 Jan 2013 2:36 p.m. PST

Just what it says on the tin – can American Eagle and the boys of the 101st defeat the evil Oberst Scharlach and his zombie minions..?

link

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP21 Jan 2013 7:18 p.m. PST

That'll learn 'em to take on the Airborne!

Great AAR

UnfortunateWound Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 3:25 a.m. PST

Thank you, very kind =]

Personal logo combatpainter Supporting Member of TMP Fezian22 Jan 2013 5:57 a.m. PST

Looks like fun…

robertsjf Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 7:27 a.m. PST

I don't think the zombies should really count as casualties unless you didn't count them as casualties the first time you killed them. Otherwise, that's double dipping!

Dathbain Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 9:05 a.m. PST

Great write up! By the where did those trees come from, there really cool!

Amalric22 Jan 2013 12:53 p.m. PST

Excellen AAR

Thanks for posting it

UnfortunateWound Inactive Member22 Jan 2013 1:38 p.m. PST

Thanks guys, it's good to know other people enjoyed it too.

@ Dathbain: Those trees are made very simply to the following recipe:
1. Glue a nail to a 2p piece.
2. Ram roughly cut circles of scrubbing pad onto the nail and superglue in place.
3. Glue sand to the base and spray the whole thing black.
4. Soak the tree in several coats of green paint & PVA.
5. Paint the trunk and base however you like.

@ robertsjf: I count them since the Allies aren't sure whether they died on the field, or were sacrificed by Scharlach. When in doubt, inflate!

robertsjf Inactive Member23 Jan 2013 7:23 a.m. PST

I count them since the Allies aren't sure whether they died on the field, or were sacrificed by Scharlach. When in doubt, inflate!

You know that's going to cause fist fights 50 years from now when historical gamers are trying to recreate your battles!

And I loved the AAR, btw. Thanks!

UnfortunateWound Inactive Member24 Jan 2013 5:03 a.m. PST

That's true… I'll have to turn the screws on them a little more next time ;)

Thanks for your thanks!

Terry37 Supporting Member of TMP31 Jan 2013 9:13 a.m. PST

An enjoyable report. Where did you come up with American Eagle?

I like it especially because I am slowly working on a Captain America set up based on that movie and several other favorite WWII movies using HotT. And my forces of Red Skull will, besides his Hydra Guard, have zombies and Werewolves based on a couple of B horror movies. I am finishing up the first unit, being Capt miller and his squad of 2nd Rangers with T5 Upham, and then will be doing Sgt John (Wayne) Stryker and his Devil Dog marines.

Anyway, I really enjoyed seeing some one else doing a similar theme in WWII.

Terry

UnfortunateWound Inactive Member31 Jan 2013 3:48 p.m. PST

American Eagle is a Nedor Comics hero – there's a link to a brief biography in his name on the blog. He was an early contemporary of Captain America with a similar skill set and back story, rather like a de-powered Superman.

Personal logo capncarp Supporting Member of TMP31 Jan 2013 6:19 p.m. PST

Oddly enough, you could put together a fairly big bunch of real-life movie stars and celebrities who were fairly big in WW2:
Sterling Hayden and Julia Child were in the OSS, Ian Fleming was part of British intelligence , Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, and others were pilots, and a whole lot of others:
link

Imagine Rod Serling (11th Airborne Division demolitions man), James "Marshall Matt Dillon" Arness (wounded at Anzio), Charles Durning (Omaha Beach and Battle of the Bulge veteran), Jackie "Uncle Fester" Coogan (glider pilot), Jack Warden (airborne) as one assault group, and James Whitmore, Tyrone Power (aviator), Steve McQueen, Lee Marvin, Bob "Captain Kangaroo" Keeshan, Charles Bronson, and Don "Maxwell Smart" Adams providing support from the Marine Corps.
Such fun one could have trying to do imitations of these stars!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.