Help support TMP

"Painting up IG Renegades" Topic

15 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

786 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian08 Jan 2013 12:27 a.m. PST

Canadian customer and his group are doing a Vraks campaign, this is the first part of a 3-part commission & thought I'd share:

I still have about 20 Khorne's to finish and pin onto the bases. Second stage is six static weapons turrets from Quantum Gothic, a squad of Thousand Sons, 30x WF Zombies, a pair of Mantic HW teams and 6x FW Death Korps Krieg HW teams. Third stage is a Rhino for the Thousand sons, with more to be added…

Aliosborne08 Jan 2013 3:11 a.m. PST

look good

Did you use a stencil for the chaos symbol on the rhinos then spray it? If so how did you make th estencil what materials did you use

I have a large renegde imperial guard force and would love to try this on some of my vehicles

Al

Simon from Pig Iron08 Jan 2013 3:28 a.m. PST

Nice work – I have a Renegade army that's one of my all time favourites. It hardly gets used but I think I'll keep it for years. Here's one of my vehicles. I painted all the icons by hand and it took ages.

picture

picture

Cadian 7th Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 5:06 a.m. PST

Mardaddy,Simon….those tanks look really good.
Looks as though someone forgot to tie down the tanks in Simon's dropship. Mass punishment and selective executions to follow. evil grin

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian08 Jan 2013 6:58 a.m. PST

I cut a chaos symbol stencil out of plasticard & used primer red spray.

ordinarybass Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 7:31 a.m. PST

Nice Job, I really like the use of the rounded spikey bits on the turrets of the Chimerras.

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian08 Jan 2013 8:13 a.m. PST

Simon, if I were to do more Renegade vehicles (for myself or another client) and it were up to me, I would definitely do the chaos icon symbols by hand instead of the stencil.

The vehicles I received from the customer were already fully assembled, and I found there were just too many angles and protrusions to do what I felt would be a, "great" job, I ended up settling with what I felt was, "good enough," and the customer approved.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 10:35 a.m. PST

Dude! Chimeras look great! I like the Zombie idea too!
Will they be plague zombies or something else?

@Simon, great paint job!

doublesix6608 Jan 2013 12:16 p.m. PST

Nice paint jobs, those bases are nice where are they from?

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 1:40 p.m. PST

Great work.

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian08 Jan 2013 6:40 p.m. PST

doublesix66, I'm not sure, I'll ask him.

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian08 Jan 2013 10:01 p.m. PST

The bases were bought off eBay, seller handle: startledhedgehog

Here's his auctions:

auction

Danny, the Zombies I'm guessing are destined as "worker rabble" and he specified pale, pallid, grimy, dried blood, dirty and muddy more than "infected, sores," or anything I'd interpret as nurgley. He wants them to look at home next to his renegade troops (already complete and painted up by Headhunter Studios.)

freecloud12 Jan 2013 5:11 a.m. PST

Nice ideas – I've built a Word Bearers/Revolting Cultists force, and renegade Guard are next!

RenegadeOfficer12 Jan 2013 8:50 a.m. PST

Great work there :)

AWuuuu14 Jan 2013 1:33 p.m. PST

Great work. Renegades are my favorite 40K army.
Pity all people that make great job with them do them nurglich or khornish.

No love for Slanesh ? come on !!
Maybe at last Tzeenchian taint ?

;)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.