Help support TMP

"Converted some Perry Plastics ..." Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Gallery Message Board

1,329 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Fonzie Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 6:54 p.m. PST

I did some conversions of Perry plastics for my own collection and had them painted by my painters (who now paint exclusively for me, oh the joy !! lol).

These conversions are not perfect and some uniform and horse furniture details are incorrect, I know that, but they are close enough for me.

For the chevaux-leger I used Perry Dragoon horses and torsos and Hussar shakos. The Voltigeurs of the Young Guard are Perry elite french with hussar heads and the Tirailleurs are Perry fuseliers with again hussar heads. I of course cut off the line infantry cuffs so that pointed cuffs could be painted on the infantry.

picture

picture

Voltigeurs of the Young Guard They should not have the big plume on this post-1812 uniform, I know that, but I want them to stand out on the wargames table so I'm happy with this.

picture

picture

Tirailleurs of the Young Guard Same remark about the plumes, don't care, these are mine! :-)

picture

Prinz Albrecht Saxon Chevaux-Leger Regiment The horse furniture is not correct but with some creative painting it looks close enough for me.

picture

Prinz Johann Chevaux-Leger

picture

My new Saxon Light Brigade led by its general which is a Victrix Austrian officer with a Saxon paint job and a Perry French officer's head and hat. :-)

More and full size pictures here: link

Fons
MMPS
PS: we're not accepting orders right now.

DeanMoto Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 7:15 p.m. PST

Very nice – well the plumes are correct for them – just with the earlier uniform. Who knows, maybe they kept them and wore them sometimes. Boy – you must've went through a lot of boxes for those – IIRC only about a third of the marching infantry aren't wearing greatcoats. Oh, and great scalpel work for all of those cuffs! Dean

Runicus Fasticus07 Jan 2013 7:27 p.m. PST

Ha Fons…can you come up with a closer side pic of the saxon cav ….you went the simple rout and thy look good,,,I may do th same ….I have plenty of hussar shako's ,and yes I was trying to figure out the best way to green puddy the saddle cloth useing the hussar horses.

Runicus

p.s. they all look great

Personal logo Fonzie Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:43 p.m. PST

There are bigger pics here: link

The advantage of having a painting service that sells ready-made painted plastics is that you have PLENTY of spares of everything Dean. :-)

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 8:31 p.m. PST

Excellent looking troops. I fully agree about the plumes (painting the Tiralleurs and Voltiguers of the Guard myself at present).

Mostly a matter of "I'm the Emperor, and I say MY Guard WILL wear plumes for parade and battle!"

Personal logo Fonzie Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 8:35 p.m. PST

What I forgot to mention in my original post is that you can cut, sand and file the horse furniture on the Perry Dragoon horses into the right shape for Saxon Chevaux-Leger horses. Do this before you assemble both halves of the horse as it is easier to do on half a horse. I did not do this extra work because the shape of the saddle stuff doesn't really bother me but it can be done.

Fons

Sparker08 Jan 2013 1:46 p.m. PST

Amazing models Fons! Thanks for sharing, even though I have now gone a delicate shade of green!

Kipper18 Jan 2013 10:59 a.m. PST

Great conversions I love the units they look excellent

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.