Help support TMP

"Normans vs. Saxons - Rally Round the King AAR" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Battle Reports Message Board

665 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Ed the Two Hour Wargames guy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:47 p.m. PST

This is an AAR played with Rally Round the Kings using historical lists found in the RRtK Historical Army supplement. RRtK originally was the fantasy version of Warrior Kings, an historical big battles rules set, and when you drop the magic it works for historical gaming.

link

link

Personal logo Ed the Two Hour Wargames guy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 9:53 p.m. PST

No idea what in the heck the M&M link is doing there.

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 10:25 a.m. PST

It works great for all sorts of historical games. I've played a few for the classical period.

Nice report. The forces seemed a little small. Is that because of the high volume of light infantry that routed early?

Personal logo Ed the Two Hour Wargames guy Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 10:46 a.m. PST

I wanted to play a basic 200 point battle to start with plus I was light on appropriate figures. Both sides had 9-10 units but the rules could have handled a much bigger fight.

The largest battle I've seen was a 100 years war fight with 169 stands on the table with six players. Too under two hours which was pretty good for new players.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.