Help support TMP

"1944 German Kampgruppe in 3mm scale." Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Land Gallery Message Board

513 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Macunaima Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 1:36 p.m. PST

Here's my O8 German infantry kampfgruppe in 3mm.

picture

More can be seen at my blog:

link

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 3:11 p.m. PST

Nice looking unit – amazing at how good the 3mm is

John Leahy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 9:50 p.m. PST

Nicely done! My 3mm Germans are almost done. I am not certain how I want to flock them though. My stands are a Company each. I plan on using Field of Battle WWII.

Thanks,

John

Personal logo Chortle Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian07 Jan 2013 11:35 p.m. PST

Rather nice.

Steve W08 Jan 2013 1:35 a.m. PST

With 3mm I think sometimes just a painted wooden base looks best with maybe a little bit of flock in a oouple of places

Personal logo Martin Rapier Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 3:43 a.m. PST

I just use very fine flock, however I stick the vehicles on afterwards (on top of the flock) rather than beforehand as I do in larger scales to avoid them being swamped.

Steve W08 Jan 2013 5:29 a.m. PST

I have used mosaic cement with my 2mm stuff and it looks great just painted and drybrushed

Macunaima Inactive Member08 Jan 2013 5:50 a.m. PST

Yeah, Steve, I wish I had some lighter colored, shorter grained flocking. I'm using a light-colored static grass and clipping it down with a fingernail clippers (the battalion shown on my blog is a non-clipped battalion). About half of the base is just painted with no flocking.

Personal logo Brigadier General Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 4:56 p.m. PST

Very nice looking army.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.