Help support TMP

"WTB Essex Miniatures - 15mm Colonial Line in the US?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

380 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Jschlosser Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 1:44 p.m. PST

Hi,

I was wondering if any of you knew of where to buy Essex Miniatures in the US?

I'm looking for the 15mm British and Zulus from their colonial line.

Ordering from the UK is cost prohibitive b/c of the shipping cost.

Thanks!

skinkmasterreturns07 Jan 2013 2:40 p.m. PST

It often works out to be about the same price if you order direct.Great Hall games handles some of the Essex lines,you could contact them about special ordering. My local shop(yes,I am fortunate enough to have one) set up a retail link with WarPath (or something like that) who handle Essex distribution. I myself have a number of Essex colonials from their Sudan range.

skinkmasterreturns07 Jan 2013 2:51 p.m. PST

Yep,I just googled Warpath distributors and their colonial packs are $5.50 USD each for a standard pack,so are you sure its not cheaper to go direct?

Jschlosser Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 2:58 p.m. PST

well fprgames had them for like $4.50 USD a pack and then us shipping which is much less.

I used to have a shop that had a ton, but they have long since sold them all.. was hoping there was a local stateside dealer I could hit up.. and for minifigs too.. 25%-30% for shipping really add us…

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 2:59 p.m. PST

Have you considered Old Glory 15s which are produced in the US?
Cheaper by the pound and good delivery service.
Cheers,

skinkmasterreturns07 Jan 2013 3:09 p.m. PST

I hear what your sayng.Several years ago several of us went in together on a direct order,we did a huge order and got a bulk discount,and we hit it at a time when the pound was down and got quite a deal. Dont forget too,that the price quoted on the Essex site includes VAT,which is subtracted out of US orders. I myself will continue to order smaller amounts from my local shop,as its one way that I help support them,as I like gaming there.

Jschlosser Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 3:09 p.m. PST

yes, I just got the Rorke's Drift set from them, but haven't purchased any of their packs yet.. they should like you just get 50 of the same pose.. so I'm hoping to get some different looks with other manufactures. Old Glory 15's just have firing and marching… I was just going to order 1 of each to see what they look like.. hoping they aren't all the same.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 4:06 p.m. PST

This thread may be helpful:

link

Jschlosser Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 5:15 p.m. PST

most helpful! thank you very much

skinkmasterreturns08 Jan 2013 4:26 a.m. PST

Blue Moon Deepest,Darkest Africa range,Tribe 3 shield 1 would make Zulus as well.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.