Help support TMP

"FOW Juniors Tournament: LittleWars 2013" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Flames of War Message Board

Back to the American Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Conventions and Wargame Shows Message Board

438 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

lasalle01207 Jan 2013 11:40 a.m. PST

I know of no other such event but the Students of Wheaton Academy will be running a 3 round MW FOW Tournament at Little Wars 2013. The tournament will be restricted to Junior High School & High School Age students.

Little Wars 2013 will be held at The Pheasant Run Resort in St Charles Illinois on 26-28 April 2013. Im pretty sure it will be a 24 player tournament.

Personal logo PzGeneral Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 3:28 p.m. PST

Thats pretty kewl! thumbs up

Let us know how it turns out…..

anleiher Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 6:26 p.m. PST

What can we do to support them? Painted prizes perhaps?

Lordgoober07 Jan 2013 6:33 p.m. PST

What's going to be even more amusing is the event that's going to be open enrollement. One of the local guys wants to do a Double Blind battle, Lorraine in the Fog.

lasalle01207 Jan 2013 10:02 p.m. PST

I have to check with them to see what prize support they have put together. I plan on bringing prize support for this tournament up at the next BOD meeting to see what we can do. Usually I get very good support from Battlefront…but have been ignored by them since Joe K has left. If others want to provide support I would recommend unpainted product over painted troops, part of the goal is to incourage them into the hobby, and as we all know part of that is painting.

As part of this they are trying to form a Juniors league and are contacting other schools in the effort.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 7:45 a.m. PST

@LaSalle012:

Drop me a line, I'm good for support with prizes or something. Maybe some paint?

Mark Severin
Scale Creep Miniatures
Oak Park, IL
mark@scalecreep.com

lasalle01209 Jan 2013 9:44 p.m. PST

I think I am long overdue for a visit to your shop….

Foxhole Terrain Company Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Jan 2013 10:37 p.m. PST

Foxhole Terrain will be happy to provide prizes for FOW, etc.

foxholeterrain.com
dan@foxholeterrain.com

lasalle01212 Jan 2013 3:19 p.m. PST

Sounds great…I will let the students know. They are looking towards a 24 player tournament. But the goal is really is to get this started and build each year…so any support that goes to make it a success is appreciated

Foxhole Terrain Company Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Jan 2013 5:40 p.m. PST

Let me know what you need and where to mail it.

Respectfully,
Dan Fox
dan@foxholeterrain.com
foxholeterrain.com

lasalle01216 Jan 2013 8:57 a.m. PST

After looking at your website I am sure that they would love some of your buildings. You can contact me thru HMGS-Midwest website for other info

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.