Help support TMP

"french and indian wars player's request " Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

655 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

cuachicwarrior07 Jan 2013 9:44 a.m. PST

Considering redoubt minis too chunky and Front rank figures too old for my taste, i would like to know if somebody is going to produce soon the last essential units in 28mm, to play musket and tomahawks ; I mean highlanders,british lights including Gage's light and scouting regulars poses (french and english)?

eddy195707 Jan 2013 10:04 a.m. PST

Conquest miniatures/ Warlord Games and North Star have nice figures

Militia Pete Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 10:16 a.m. PST

Perry and Old Glory are nice too!

Camcleod07 Jan 2013 10:20 a.m. PST

Galloping Major makes British Lights.
Eureka do Highlanders.

cuachicwarrior07 Jan 2013 11:40 a.m. PST

ok, conquest and north star have nice figures but don't have produced these particular ones.
Perry produce awi figures and old glory little odd figures in packs of 30 (not really attractive for wargame skirmishing).
Galloping major produce rangers but no regular british light
And yes, i know, eureka produce…only… 6 highlander figures.
Nick, Eric,Lance,or anybody else involved in that period, can you announce us your futures releases please??

Phil Hall07 Jan 2013 12:03 p.m. PST

RAFM produce what you are looking for.

link

dualer07 Jan 2013 1:32 p.m. PST

I want everything and I want it now!

NickNorthStar Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 1:56 p.m. PST

The next box set from Muskets and Tomahawks is Highlanders, so you can put a tick next to that one. Mike Owen has just about finished them, I should have pictures soon.
We plan to make British Light troops, and regulars in skirmishing poses next.

Nick Eyre
link

Personal logo sneakgun Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 2:22 p.m. PST

How do Northstar and Conquest compare to each other?

Thanks,
Brian

cuachicwarrior07 Jan 2013 3:39 p.m. PST

Yesssss !! excellent new Nick ! Thanks !
Brian, Northstar figures are taller than Conquest, but they aren't "chunk", so with a double base for Conquest, you can easily mix them with Northstar or Galloping major

Loyalhanna Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 5:50 p.m. PST

Hello cuachicwarrior and all concerned,
Lance will be making an announcement for releases in 2013 very soon. We have been exchanging ideas back and forth, and you will not be disappointed. The issue that we are taking into consideration is what can realistically be done this year, and giving you guys a realistic release date. So please be patient with us.
Another point that I will make. If you are a FIW gamer/collector, this a perfect time to be collecting them. Depending on your preference of sculpt and size, the figures(Galloping Major,Northstar, Conquest, and Blue Moon/Old Glory etc…) are really great. Naturally I want you to buy Galloping Major, but the other lines are really good also.
I will be attending Cold Wars with the full range of Galloping Major figures. At that point you will be able to do some size and sculpt comparison. Even if you do not buy GM figures, come on over to the booth. I love to talk about the FIW,AWI,ACW, and Wings of Glory/War, and I game all these periods.
take care,
Keith

Hitman07 Jan 2013 6:30 p.m. PST

Keith;
What is your company name at Cold Wars? Will you be attending Historicon in July????

Many thanks,
Hitman

Dexter Ward08 Jan 2013 3:07 a.m. PST

Front Rank are too old? Since when did the age of figures make them less good?

cuachicwarrior08 Jan 2013 5:32 a.m. PST

Thank you Keith for these usefull informations, i think thay you're right, depending of our preferences but all are really good!! So "if you like it, buy it" !!
@ dexter, of course front rank are still good figures!! but for my personnal taste, when you compare to the last productions, they lack now this… heroic touch..!!
( but i've a batch of Front Rank in my collections
..)

Disco Joe08 Jan 2013 7:09 a.m. PST

Hitman, Keith's company is called LOYALHANNA OUTPOST.

axabrax Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 9:14 a.m. PST

I think Nick is leading the charge on this. The problem with FiW is that every time a new manufacturer jumps in the pond they want to do Indians, Rangers, and Marines. So, we end up with a glut of those figures (although my glut might be someone else's bonanza) and waiting several years until they get around to the regulars, and then several more years until they get to the "specialty" regulars. Hopefully that is about to change…

Loyalhanna Supporting Member of TMP08 Jan 2013 7:26 p.m. PST

Hello Hitman,
First, I want to thank Joe for stepping up and informing you of the name of my business, my bad. Loyalhanna Outpost will be at Cold Wars, but I will not be at Historicon, Lance and I will be keeping you posted on future releases as they are scheduled for release. I hope all you enjoy the games you do for the FIW, no matter what the figures or rule sets you use.
take care,
Keith

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.