Help support TMP

"Anyone here ever hear of TABLEMASTER by WINTERTREE?" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Industry Message Board

Back to the Computer Moderated Rules Message Board

709 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo BigNickR Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:13 a.m. PST

I was doing some personal archeology through old 20 and 80 gigabyte desktop hard drives from computers past, and found my old directory of TABLEMASTER saved tables.

But no sign of my LEGIT COPY of the program. (IE paid for by me, ages ago)

For those of you who don't know of it, Tablemaster was an old Windows 3.1 & Windows 95 based piece of software that let you make some pretty impressive one-click multiple-tiered random generation tables. Simple language, saved files as *.txt files that you could edit in notepad or any other word processor.

I can't find any legitimate links to the software on the internet… Now, I've found and downloaded a fileshare network, justifying this by saying that I -did- pay for it way back when…

But I'm wondering if there's still a community for this program, any newer or more "shiny" replacement to buy, or even anyone that could fill me in on what ever happened to the delvs?

Personal logo BigNickR Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:18 a.m. PST

I mean I have a LOT of old stuff for this…

Battletech tables for random mech assignment, a mercenary contract generator, all the items from the 2nd edition AD&D "Encyclopedia Magica"… a "What pill did FRIEND COMPUTER just give me?" generator for PARANOIA! a sith/jedi name generator…

Plus a bunch of half finished crap for some kind of long-forgotten and ill thought out homebrew game system I was working on when I was 14…

Talk about random finds! (And great memories)

Personal logo BigNickR Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:21 a.m. PST

and I just found this on of all things a fellow battletechers site: link

"Wintertree Software TableMaster – Webpage currently nonfunctional
TableMaster – file
Wintertree Software made many very good programs for RPG enthusiasts. Perhaps the best of these is Table Master, a program that you can use to randomly determine results from any kind of table. I have designed files for it that allow you to generate Clan and Inner Sphere pilots, and Inner Sphere 'Mechs for each of the factions in the Battletech Master Rules and Mechwarrior 2nd Ed. 'Mech tables. Random encounter tables or anything else can be made with this software. Since the Wintertree Software link is down and I have been unable to find it anywhere on the web, I have uploaded a working copy of the program. This is NOT the shareware version and is provided with the knowledge and permission of the original author. "

So I am deleting my "ill gotten" file and installing this "legitimate" version on principal.

Personal logo BigNickR Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 7:56 a.m. PST

…and it won't run in 64 bit windows.

So back to that "is there a modern replacement"?

(Jake Collins of NZ 2) Inactive Member12 Jan 2013 12:34 p.m. PST

Hi,

I've got it working on Win7 32bit. Can you give some advice about how to make tables with it? I'm a Traveller player.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.