Help support TMP

"Timeline 300 new release: Martian Flying Machine" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the Victorian SF Message Board

594 hits since 7 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Troublemaker Games07 Jan 2013 5:44 a.m. PST

Troublemaker Games are pleased to announce our latest release, the MARTIAN FLYING MACHINE.

Heavier than air flight of objects larger than a human being has not been achieved by Earthlings, and so the sight of a Martian Flying Machine soaring through the sky is one that terrifies those humans who are unfortunate enough to observe one in flight.

Equipped not just with a short range chemical weapon system that suffocates its targets, the Flying Machine also carries an Aetherical Translocator that allows it to bring new Martians onto the battlefield which can close to finish off those left alive after the black smoke clears. It is a horrific dual threat which is becoming increasingly more common on the battlefields.

This pack contains one Martian Flying Machine, as well as a clear plastic flying stand.

Note that this model is produced in Resin, and may contain some small air bubbles.

The price for this "super-heavy" flyer is £8.00 GBP : link

=================================

In addition, our art competition is still ongoing… every entry garners 5 free toy soldiers!
Details here: tinyurl.com/bzus9ul

Angel Barracks Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 5:50 a.m. PST

I am liking the look of those>>

picture

corporalpat Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 6:05 a.m. PST

Very nice! Too bad it looks like these are 10mm? Still, possibly of use for 15mm. Anyone have a size comparison to 15/18mm?

Troublemaker Games07 Jan 2013 6:14 a.m. PST

Timeline 300 is indeed 10mm scale.

To give an idea of scale, the base the Martian Infantry stand on is 6cm x 2cm.

I'd say that the Martian vehicles models are larger than are typically used for 15mm scale, so if you just wanted to use the vehicles they'd work fine IMO.

The Martian Infantry are only 8mm to the eyes so they'd only work as "little green men" if gaming in 15mm scale.

- Troublemaker Ben

tberry7403 Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 6:17 a.m. PST

Waiting on my Brits and Germans.

The Martians are next.

Troublemaker has also released a new version of their rules.

Tim

DLIinVSF07 Jan 2013 6:21 a.m. PST

Now they look EVIL!

Troublemaker Games07 Jan 2013 6:22 a.m. PST

"Waiting on my Brits and Germans."
Dispatched Friday, good sir! :-)

Legion 407 Jan 2013 7:35 a.m. PST

Very nice ! thumbs up

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 8:03 a.m. PST

Wow…wished they were 15mm…

Troublemaker Games07 Jan 2013 8:06 a.m. PST

"Wow…wished they were 15mm…"

10mm is the new black. :-p

We chose 10mm because it neatly fits N-Guage railway model scenery… which means cheap era-appropriate plastic terrain is available for VSF gaming.

Paint it Pink Supporting Member of TMP07 Jan 2013 9:42 a.m. PST

10mm is IMO the best thing since 6mm. YMMV :-)

Lion in the Stars07 Jan 2013 6:56 p.m. PST

We chose 10mm because it neatly fits N-Guage railway model scenery… which means cheap era-appropriate plastic terrain is available for VSF gaming.

Excellent point, but I'm too heavily committed to 15mm to change over. Considering how much smaller model buildings typically are than they 'should' be, I may still be able to use some 1/160 scale buildings.

Troublemaker Games08 Jan 2013 2:39 a.m. PST

Considering how much smaller model buildings typically are than they 'should' be, I may still be able to use some 1/160 scale buildings.

That's a fair point – most "15mm" buildings I've come across aren't all that larger-looking than the N-Guage railway plastics we've been using.

If you wanted to get an idea of how our models would look next to your "15mm" buildings, why not have a bash at our art competition?
tinyurl.com/bzus9ul

You get 5 free Gentleman Adventurers just for entering (with a chance of winning any blister pack of your choice)… which'd let you check the figure scale against your buildings, for free. :-)

corporalpat Inactive Member08 Jan 2013 7:36 a.m. PST

Thanks Troublemaker. I really like the Martian foundation set, especially the mining machine. I may have to try that one or the flying machine.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.