Help support TMP

"Baron Larrey's ambulances" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

459 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

yourpaceormine Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 1:44 p.m. PST

Finally sorted myself out with a 15mm minifigs heavy ambulance, exra shade of paint bought (going for the olive rather than the artillery green).

Horse team for the heavy – 2,4 or 6?

Some of the painted examples I've seen have text on them. Any evidence for this?

Thanks in anticipation

fredjg07 Jan 2013 6:37 a.m. PST

Not entirely positive, but seem to recollect the heavy ambulance was pulled by 4 horses.

rabbit07 Jan 2013 7:47 a.m. PST

Google might be your friend
link

can't see an image with four horses but I can see pairs in tandem.

It is not going to be 6 I would not have thought and 2 is probably more likely, given the shortage of Nags at this time

11th ACR07 Jan 2013 9:19 a.m. PST
Rod MacArthur07 Jan 2013 12:48 p.m. PST

I painted up Hat plastic light and heavy ambulances a couple of years ago.

Without any real evidence, apart from weight of vehicle, I added an extra pair of horses to the heavy one. Hat limber teams are 6 horses, but I normally only use 4, so that gave me spares for heavy ambulances. I did the same for baggage wagons.

Rod

yourpaceormine Inactive Member07 Jan 2013 5:02 p.m. PST

Many thanks gents 4 seems a likely number. (Coupled with the fact I'm using Naismith horse teams which come in packs of 4 makes everything neat and tidy)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.