Help support TMP

"6mm Baccus Carthaginian shots." Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Ancients Gallery Message Board

592 hits since 6 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

grambo Inactive Member06 Jan 2013 2:25 a.m. PST

Hi,

I usually post pics of my own 6mm Napoleonics over in the relevant gallery, but I thought I'd share a few shots of the huge Rome v Carthage project that I am currently painting on commission. Figures are of course by Baccus, brushwork by myself and all based for Commands and Colours 'Epic' version.

Pics posted with clients permission, more over on my blog, but you get the idea! Over 500 Carthaginian infantry in these shots alone, the bulk of the Roman legions are also completed but we still have a long way to go yet, with bucket loads of cavalry, auxiliaries and the dreaded elephants in the pipeline.

Hope you like the pics.

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

Steve W06 Jan 2013 3:52 a.m. PST

Looks great, just like all the 6mm figures you paint

Personal logo taskforce58 Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 5:23 a.m. PST

Looks lovely! I am familiar with C&C Ancients but can you describe a bit about the basing scheme you used?

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 5:34 a.m. PST

Excellent!

Doug

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 6:29 a.m. PST

Link to your blog, please? Also the painting service page?

Caesar06 Jan 2013 8:05 a.m. PST

Beautiful.

Steve W06 Jan 2013 10:10 a.m. PST

warartist.blogspot.co.uk

This is the link

mollinary06 Jan 2013 1:00 p.m. PST

TF58,

I am lucky enough to have these beauties being painted for me, to my basing specifications. As you will know, C&CAunits have four bases for infantry units and three for cavalry. I wanted the units to still seem powerful when down to their last base, as they still fight with all their dice. So infantry have one base of 80mm long by 15mm deep, one of 40mm by 15mm and two of 20mm by 15 mm. The big base has two lines of figures, front and back, the small bases one line in the dead centre. So when a unit is down to its last base, it still has two thirds of its figures! The Cavalry have one 80x15mm and two 40x15mm bases. The colours around the edge of the bases denote red for. Heavy, blue for medium, blue/white for warriors, green/white for auxilia, and green for lights. The bases work either on Kallistra hexes or on the Hotz mats I have. Simple really!

Mollinary

grambo Inactive Member09 Jan 2013 8:47 a.m. PST

Thank you for the comments,(Hi mollinary!). Couple of pre- basing pics of the first Spanish cavalry units. The horse colours will of course be mixed up for basing once the strips are cut down. This is 48 figures for the first 2 units. Once I have the 6 Spanish cavalry units completed and based I'll add a couple more pics here. Following that I think its onto a huge bag of Moorish light cavalry!

Cheers,
Lee.

picture

picture

sumerandakkad Supporting Member of TMP13 Jan 2013 9:17 a.m. PST

Love the basing on the ECW & Napoleonics. Quite distinctive figure layouts.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.