Help support TMP

"Resistant Rooster Finns" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Models Review Message Board

520 hits since 4 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 6:30 a.m. PST

What comes in the platoon box? How many figs and what weapons selection? Drives me nuts when companies don't put basic information on their websites.

benito04 Jan 2013 7:28 a.m. PST

Hi Sundance,
You do not give much basic information neither :-).
The producer and a link to the box you are referring to maybe useful…
Benoit

LawOfTheGun mk204 Jan 2013 7:38 a.m. PST

Why not contact Resistant Roosters, using that "Contact Us" button at the bottom of their site?

Personal logo combatpainter Supporting Member of TMP Fezian04 Jan 2013 8:09 a.m. PST

link?

LawOfTheGun mk204 Jan 2013 8:30 a.m. PST
Sundance Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 9:32 a.m. PST

Between the title of the post and the question, it should have been pretty obvious I was asking about the Resistant Rooster's Finnish platoon pack. What I wanted to know was the contents of the pack in terms of numbers of figures and weapons selection. The information is not on the website so I don't know why you would need a link or more information on the product. Obviously neither benito nor combatpainter have purchased it and cannot answer the question.

LawOfTheGun thank you. I must be getting old and missed the 'Contact Us' button.

LawOfTheGun mk204 Jan 2013 1:10 p.m. PST

Sundance, that's why we old guys have to help each other ;-).

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 2:10 p.m. PST

As I recall from back when I had Finns, there was enough for an "average" Flames of War platoon. They had rifles and MG, plus command figures.

However, that was several years ago, and I have since sold the army.

One thing to watch out for is that they are VERY LARGE for 15mm figures. Usually that does not bother me, but here it did. You can't mix them with other ranges on the same stand. Well, you can, but… they would look funny.

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 3:46 p.m. PST

Thanks, John. I appreciate the input. I'm leaning towards Legions East anyway, but seems to me those were a little large for 15s also so I was hoping the RR ones might be a little better.

JD Lee Supporting Member of TMP05 Jan 2013 9:08 a.m. PST

I should have box at home purchased last year. I will try to find it and give you a listing.

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP05 Jan 2013 11:04 a.m. PST

Thanks JD – I appreciate it.

JD Lee Supporting Member of TMP05 Jan 2013 10:02 p.m. PST

I have deluxe box
2 infantry platoon bags (35 figs each about).
1 company HQ (14 figs) 4 anti tank riffles
4 HMG about 20 figs
7 command
4 mortars 20 figs

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 4:51 p.m. PST

Thanks JD – exactly the info I was looking for.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.