Help support TMP

"Incoming Millenium Falcon fro X-Wing" Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

1,050 hits since 3 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

basileus66 Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 12:35 a.m. PST

If the picture makes justice to the mini, I think I will need at least 2 of them!

link

I have left the building Inactive Member04 Jan 2013 5:18 a.m. PST

nah you need at least 3 to make up a squadron ;-)

I saw one in the flesh at Firestorm games (it was a prize in a comp they were running) and it looks really nice, so I already have one on order

Disco Joe04 Jan 2013 6:30 a.m. PST

It does look very nice indeed.

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member04 Jan 2013 9:11 a.m. PST

The movement base for it is HUGE!
Caused lots of 'collisions' and it moves really fast across the table…
beer

vojvoda Inactive Member04 Jan 2013 9:17 a.m. PST

I do not have one on order, yet but it will be high on my wish list especially if I can get it on sale via Amazon. I am already using a Revelle to scale one.

VR
James Mattes

Nid Vicious04 Jan 2013 9:51 a.m. PST

My buddy won the local tournament here and picked the Falcon as his prize. I've held it and looked over everything it comes with. It's pretty loaded. There's even a new scenario packed in with Cargo container markers. Very nice looking ship to boot.

The best part was that since he had to borrow my stuff to play, he gave me the Falcon as a Christmas gift.

Sadly, I haven't been able to play a game with it yet, but I hope to knock that our this weekend.

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 9:56 a.m. PST

Got a gift card waiting for it…

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 10:54 a.m. PST

I believe Cool Stuff Inc has it for preorder for under $20. USD

Doug

Personal logo Landorl Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 11:40 a.m. PST

Is there also a card for a stock YT-1300?

It almost sounds like the card is stock, then you add mods, but not sure.

Nid Vicious04 Jan 2013 12:18 p.m. PST

Sort of. There is a card you pay for that "Names" the ship the Falcon, and you get to add, I believe, the Evade action when you have it. If you don't buy the "name" you use the stock YT-1300 stats.

The ship has options to purchase co pilots in addition to your Pilot.

Toshach Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 7:41 p.m. PST

Interesting comment:

While the boost action isn't limited to ships flown by highly skilled pilots, it offers the best pilots a great deal of versatility and reactivity. Because the most skilled pilots maneuver last, they'll find their foes already in place and can use the boost action to get out of an enemy's firing arc, slip out of weapon range, or come around for a shot at point blank range. It's also opens up some wonderfully cinematic moments as you can have Han Solo lead enemy TIEs to an asteroid field, then slip through a tight space with his boost action.

The MF's oversized base already makes it as fast as a TIE. Add boost and it will leave the TIEs in the dust. You won't need to fly them into an asteroid field.

Personal logo Ivan DBA Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 8:24 p.m. PST

I want that ship.

TGerritsen Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 9:08 p.m. PST

Well, she is the fastest hunk of junk in the Galaxy.

And she made the Kessel Run in under 12 Parsecs.

So, yeah, she's fast.

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 8:31 a.m. PST

I want that ship.

I want a real one. grin

Fire Broadside10 Jan 2013 3:29 p.m. PST

All the cards for it (and the rest of the Wave 2 ships) are available for your viewing pleasure at either of the two X-Wing squadron builders:
x-wing.voidstate.com/build
link

Yes, there is a stock YT-1300 with lower stats than the Falcon. You could cram three into a list with some points to spare for upgrades. Not sure about the effectiveness of that though. :)

Being lucky enough to win two Kessel Run events I'm the happy owner of both Slave I and the Falcon and they are both beautiful models! The only thing missing is some proper engine glow, so I painted my own.

picture

picture

picture

Amalric29 Jan 2013 11:52 a.m. PST

Nice

What are the measurements of the Falcon's base?

Airborne Engineer Inactive Member01 Feb 2013 7:47 p.m. PST

Fire Broadside,

What paints and techniques did you use to paint the engine glow? I have been contemplating do that to all of my star fighters but haven't found an approach I trusted enough to risk messing them up.

Thomas O06 Feb 2013 9:44 a.m. PST

What are the measurements for the Falcon itself? I have one of the Hasbro Falcons form back when they were doing all the Star Wars fighters and some capital ships. Since it was out of scale with the other ships wonder if it might be close enough to use for a second one in this game. Have the Rebel Blockade Runner that they did and it may get used as an objective or even as a capital ship.

vojvoda Inactive Member08 Feb 2013 9:30 a.m. PST

The one I saw I estimated at five inches long by four 1/2 inches wide. Revelle had the closest one I have seen at 4 by 3 inches and that is waht I am using until I can get one of the newer ones when it comes out.

VR
James Mattes

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.