Help support TMP

"Very Hamilton Civil War" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 19th Century Discussion Message Board

Back to the 18th Century Discussion Message Board

527 hits since 3 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

NY Irish03 Jan 2013 7:12 p.m. PST

I love a good game of Axis and Allies with the boys in the family and I like to come up with variations that, in the end, don't last or work terribly well. So here is the setting: the quasi war is in full swing, the Sedition Acts are creating a fire storm of protest, the light horse are out in the streets of Philly, Virginia and Kentucky propose nullification. Hamilton gets proof that Madison and Jefferson are the authors of the resolutions and Chief justice Ellsworth issues a decision of treason against them. The new republic breaks up. The game has the New England Confederation, led by President for life Hamilton, the Southern Confederacy led by first consul Jefferson, and a fledgling frontier republic in western PA and Ohio under the benevolent hands of Aaron Burr and Albert Galatin. Philly is a city state. All fun and games, but I find myself jolting ideas down constantly while at work.

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member03 Jan 2013 9:35 p.m. PST

Sounds interesting.

Personal logo John the Greater Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 8:51 a.m. PST

Wouldn't an weakened and divided US embolden the British, Spanish and the indians? Just food for thought.

wminsing Supporting Member of TMP04 Jan 2013 9:37 a.m. PST

I like this idea a lot, definitely plenty of room for some interesting games!

-Will

Murvihill04 Jan 2013 11:09 a.m. PST

If your "jolting down ideas at work" you must drive some sort of construction equipment. Either that or a chaffeur for a safari company…

AICUSV04 Jan 2013 4:16 p.m. PST

I have been thinking about a game based on the era of the Whiskey Rebellion. With Britain, Spain, US, Indian Confederacy, and the Western Confederacy (Western PA, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee).

NY Irish05 Jan 2013 3:53 p.m. PST

Southern Confederacy is supported by French cruisers, New England by the British and the Old Northwest by the Spainish down in New Orleans. The European powers are support but not active. Yeah, AICUSV, I guess the Indians would be a factor. With the civil war starting in 1797-98 the Anger over the excise would still be strong and Burr, run out of NY by the victorious legions of Hamilton, stirs the pot in Pittsburg and Ohio. Would you put Kentucky with Ohio? I couldn't decide, but it makes it a stronger state (or at least harder to conquer).

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.