Help support TMP

"German Info Needed - Early to mid 1930s" Topic

3 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

426 hits since 2 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 5:39 p.m. PST

I can find uniform books and armor titles for the Polish Campaign and other early German invasions of World War Two, but are there titles (like Ospreys, Concordes, or Squadron) that cover the German Army during Hitler's rise to power? The 1932-1938 period would be grand. Did a bit of searching tonight, but not having much luck.

Need everything from uniform and weapon details to what armor and vehicles were being used at the time. Am I safe just to look at what the Wehrmacht sent to Spain?

Super Mosca02 Jan 2013 6:04 p.m. PST

A look at Wikipedia shows that the Wehrmacht was officially brought into being in 1935, therefore the period that you are interested in overlaps significantly with the period of the Reichswehr, the Weimer Republic's army.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichswehr

Much of the equipment sent to Spain was the newest stuff available

The book 'Guns of the Reich' by George Markham cover a lot of the infantry weapons available before the start of the war.

link

-Kosta

Personal logo Buckeye AKA Darryl Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 5:58 a.m. PST

Thanks for the heads-up about that book, Kosta. I will buy a copy and see what it may entail.

I would probably lean towards the Wehrmacht end of things as opposed to the Reichswehr.

Appreciate the info!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.