Help support TMP

"Wave 2 GW Hobbit Models?" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Discussion Message Board

1,153 hits since 2 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

COMMODORE LMV02 Jan 2013 7:45 a.m. PST

Anybody have any good intel or pics of the second wave of Hobbit minis from GW. I heard from my local store a release of February. I am assuming Azog, new Thorin, Dwalin, Gloin, Radagast Sleigh, grim hammers from the book references. Anybody have anything else?

Xintao02 Jan 2013 8:12 a.m. PST

Rumors are strong that there will be a January release. Most likely suspects are:
Eagles (2 in a box)
Gwahir
Bilbo, gollum and a boat
Fell wargs

With February release of Dwarves and Elves

Cheers, Xin

Personal logo kallman Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 9:48 a.m. PST

I saw the movie yesterday and I hope there will be Mounted Rivendale Elves. The movie was great in my not so humble opinion.

LostPict Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 9:51 a.m. PST

Here is a link to the White Dwarf info:

link

Lost Pict

Milites02 Jan 2013 11:40 a.m. PST

Meh, the finecast Bilbo and Gollum are pretty awful, Bilbo's anatomy is wrong and Gollum's face and eyes have none of the 'child-like' quality, the movies have opted for.

Saw the Lego Mirkwood box and it seems Jackson will make the fight with the spiders into one of his epic, un-Tolkein, slugfests. Turiel (the made up female character) and Legolas featured with the spiders. I realy feel the LOTR trilogy could withstand the Jacksonian tampering, but the Hobbit will suffer badly.

Feet up now Inactive Member02 Jan 2013 12:33 p.m. PST

Would love to see a Radagast Sleigh and those large spiders in mirkwood.

Personal logo Parzival Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 3:11 p.m. PST

Saw the Lego Mirkwood box and it seems Jackson will make the fight with the spiders into one of his epic, un-Tolkein, slugfests. Turiel (the made up female character) and Legolas featured with the spiders.

Don't forget that in the book the Elf-king complains to Thorin that the dwarves stirred up the spiders, implying that the elves did wind up fighting the monsters. As the Elf-king seems rather ticked off about this, it's reasonable to assume the fight was significant, even if not "on stage" in the novel. Perhaps PJ intends to show just how bad it was, or (as the first film implies, and the novel also suggests), the battle you are expecting is in fact the fight to drive out the Necromancer, who is more or less allied with (and possibly responsible for) the spiders.

In any case, I'm rather looking forward to the spider fight.

EDIT: One also forgets that the elves capture the dwarves during the fight with the spidersó so it makes sense the elves would at least be killing the spiders during that event. (Thorin, of course, is captured as soon as he jumps into the elves' feast to demand food from the Elf-king, before the spider-fight.)

altfritz Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 3:20 p.m. PST

Of course, in the book the Dwarves are bumbling idiots and the Elves just seem to be frolicking in the woods. No Fighting as such.

doublesix6603 Jan 2013 2:48 a.m. PST

I wonder if they will res erect the Warmaster game 'Battle of the 5 Armies' releasing the minis again & more (hopefully as they go for mad prices on ebay and it would be nice to get the units)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.