Help support TMP

"She needs more boobies, but...." Topic

32 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Sculpting Message Board

Back to the Swashbuckling Message Board

Back to the Pirates Message Board

Back to the 18th Century ImagiNations Message Board

Back to the Nude and Semi-Nude Figures - NSFW Message Board

3,255 hits since 1 Jan 2013
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

abdul666lw01 Jan 2013 9:59 a.m. PST

Madeleine Jarret de Verchères link

picture

picture

She is depicted at 14, so to become a 'mainstream female hero' TMP link she would have to be… more generously endowed.
And she would probably interest a wider audience with a tricorne than with a slouched hat?

But the character and her statue are really inspirational for a 28mm miniature figurine thumbs up

DisasterWargamer01 Jan 2013 10:06 a.m. PST

Great story – thanks for the link

Personal logo Der Alte Fritz Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 10:16 a.m. PST

How can she have any more than two?

T Meier01 Jan 2013 10:23 a.m. PST

I was going to say, "that's a very well done 28mm figure" but it's rather larger. Still, with scale creep going the way it is…

Puster Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 10:54 a.m. PST

Well, it took some 30 years from real 25mm to reach the "heroic" 32mm that fit in with 40mm, for roughly some 10% each decade. Keeping that pace our tabletop minis will reach some 170cm on average in around 355 years.

Gaming will certainly count as real sports then…

Actually my first though seeing that "mini" was "that must be from Tom Meier" – before I realized that the photo is from a statue and that the master himself has posted here :-)

skippy000101 Jan 2013 10:54 a.m. PST

Perfect as she is.

T Meier01 Jan 2013 11:16 a.m. PST

tabletop minis will reach some 170cm on average in around 355 years.

If we don't have fully animated holographic miniatures (macroatures?) by then I for one will be severely disappointed.

Phil Hall01 Jan 2013 12:14 p.m. PST

Yup. I want that table Tommy Tomorrow had with everything in 3D and spaceships over it

WarrenB Inactive Member01 Jan 2013 12:14 p.m. PST

She needs more boobies

She is depicted at 14, so to become a 'mainstream female hero' TMP link she would have to be… more generously endowed.

Is that really the first, best thing you could think of to say on the matter?

Phil Hall01 Jan 2013 12:17 p.m. PST

That story would make an excellent skirmish game.

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 12:44 p.m. PST

Mais, oui!

abdul666lw01 Jan 2013 3:32 p.m. PST

"Is that really the first, best thing you could think of to say on the matter?"
For a generic heroine in 28mm miniature figurine, yes.
No pedophilic tendencies grin

Foe decades 'Marianne', the official bust of our French Republic, was:

picture

badger2201 Jan 2013 3:35 p.m. PST

Interesting story but in need of a good edoting. She is left in charge of one old man and two soldiers, yet some settlers( one old man) and eight soldiers leave the fort. And there are more settlers inside the fort. Almost sounds like it was written by James Finemore Cooper.

Yes it probably is a good game there. I just would want to do a bit more reading about it. I am guessing that was written by a primarily french speaker. No bad, but someone with a better grasp of English would be better to brring it to a wider audience.

Owen

Redcurrant01 Jan 2013 4:14 p.m. PST

Its obvious to see why 'Marianne' was the official bust of the Republic.

d effinger01 Jan 2013 5:10 p.m. PST

Nice busts… errrr bust. :)

Oh yeah that painting of her in front of the fort… the lock plate with hammer is on the WRONG side!

Don

Personal logo Tango 2 3 Ditto Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 6:26 p.m. PST

abdul666lw, I did not know of this person who is part of my country's history and I thank you for bringing her interesting story to my attention. Thanks very much. grin

With much respect, though, I have to say I am a little uncomfortable with a topic that sounds like it is sexually embellishing a 14 year old.
--
Tim

HussarL01 Jan 2013 11:03 p.m. PST

No, the picture is flipped! Her statue is right handed. She is ram rodding with her left in the color painting. If you flip it horizontally then the lock plate and hammer is correct and she is also right handed.

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member01 Jan 2013 11:30 p.m. PST

Interesting read.

vojvoda Inactive Member02 Jan 2013 6:12 a.m. PST

Am I the only one creeped out about folks commenting about a 14 year old needed more mammary glands?

VR
James Mattes

abdul666lw02 Jan 2013 6:17 a.m. PST

I only mentioned that for a 28mm 'generic armed female settler' miniature figurine the painted figure / statue (*not* the historical character) would preferably be *older* -and thus looking more 'developed'.

No Lolitas for me.

Am I the only one creeped out about folk misreading posts to discover 'sin' in them, as if obsessed by their own repressed deviances?

Rightly oriented painting, to give some positive content to this post peace

picture

(and indeed she now looks even more determined)

Personal logo Condotta Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 2:03 p.m. PST

Attention! Pull up those socks, align that belt buckle, polish those shoes, chin in, chest out … is your hat on crooked, soldier, or your head? (Correct answer is "Sir, head, Sir" if addressing an officer.).

Sad that the 1922 film is lost. The statue is marvelous in proportion and style.

d effinger02 Jan 2013 5:55 p.m. PST

Aaaahhhhhhh… Okay that's better. How did the pic ever get flipped? Very strange.

Don

Come In Nighthawk02 Jan 2013 8:57 p.m. PST

Thank gawd -- now the wind is blowing in the correct direction! grin

Personal logo Tango 2 3 Ditto Supporting Member of TMP02 Jan 2013 9:10 p.m. PST

Am I the only one creeped out about folk misreading posts to discover 'sin' in them, as if obsessed by their own repressed deviances?

Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, but your title and the fact that you mention she is 14 and "would have to be more generously endowed", with absolutely no mention of "being older", make it pretty easy to misread. Again, perhaps it was a mistake, but the "deviance" seems pretty obvious from the way the title and the original post goes and it ain't James.

Sorry, but there are a number of folks here who have had direct experience with children who have been victims of <I don't want to say it as this site has had a major blow up in the past over "it" and a questionable contest>

All the best,
--
Tim

Patrice Inactive Member05 Jan 2013 4:39 a.m. PST

How can she have any more than two?

According to legend, saint Gwenn (Wales, & Brittany, 5th century) had three.

picture

abdul666lw05 Jan 2013 6:03 a.m. PST

When I googled for images of Madeleine de Verchères all the reproductions of the painting that appears showed it reversed -probably the 1st to be posted on the web was reversed and then was simply copied?

Miniature figurines wise, one can hope Galloping Major will take inspiration for one of the planned F&IW 'armed female settlers'.

Off-topic, too bad painted statues came out of fashion (except in churches) in the early Renaissance when the wealthy began to collect unearthed pieces of ancient art: for decades the official bust of the French Republic would have be:

picture

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP06 Jan 2013 10:17 a.m. PST

I'm sure a bigger bust would get in the way when performing musket drill!

Marc the plastics fan13 Jan 2013 9:11 a.m. PST

And why has Tom Meier got 21 stifles. The man is a sculpting god, and is always valuable to listen to. Wow, strange world.

T Meier13 Jan 2013 9:18 a.m. PST

why has Tom Meier got 21 stifles

I do? B----r me!

"A man may be pure of heart, and say his prayers by night but still (get stifled) when the moon is full and the stars are shining bright."

hindsTMP Supporting Member of TMP14 Jan 2013 6:44 p.m. PST

It bothers me too, but since I am American, I am used to the undercurrent of Bible Belt "morality" which we often see here. (See the thread recently started by "Dreadnought", in which he ill-advisedly posted relatively innocent images of his wife, which is up to 81 posts and counting. Most of the responses are mean, illogical, self-righteous, and hypocritical.)

I did not interpret your original post as being suggestive of anything improper. Instead, I assumed you were referring to the shape/age of the sculpt, with implications as to its utility in the typical game environment.

MH

John Treadaway16 Jan 2013 5:29 a.m. PST

why has Tom Meier got 21 stifles. The man is a sculpting god, and is always valuable to listen to. Wow, strange world.

Agreed 100%. That's more than me… :)

John T

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP21 Jan 2013 7:31 a.m. PST

I'm merely disappointed, beside the forum topic, of course, by the focus on the wrong area of the body.

I speak of 'big brass ones'.

At 14, a better man than ever I was!

Doug

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.