Help support TMP

"Elite: Dangerous kickstarter has just 4 days to go" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Discussion Message Board

Back to the SF Media Message Board

628 hits since 31 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Goober Supporting Member of TMP31 Dec 2012 11:00 a.m. PST

For me the flickering vector graphics of the Spectrum were the first version of Elite I played. I still remember the strange anti-piracy Fresnel lens type device that you had to use to decode the primitive QR code.

I played it on Atari ST, BBC-B, PC in three different versions and once on an Acorn Archimedes.

It's now back and ALMOST funded through Kickstarter. Just 4 days to go and it's at 90% funding.

link

G.

doublesix6631 Dec 2012 2:13 p.m. PST

I remember playing in for ages on the Old BBC. Saving up to try and get to the next galaxy..

Do you remember loading it by tape an in counted up in hexadecimal 3a, 3b 3c 3d error data rewind tape and you would rewind a bit and start the last bit again hoping it would load a bit different than the new consoles :)

Nathaniel31 Dec 2012 7:49 p.m. PST

This one is going to be close when it comes to whether or not it gets funded, but if you look at past kickstarters, they usually get a sizable boost in funding in the last two days, sometimes going parabolic.

Personal logo Goober Supporting Member of TMP31 Dec 2012 8:08 p.m. PST

It was so tedious on the spectrum to load. At least the BBC had a floppy drive! The most fun was the PC version, with it's odd descriptions of the aliens – Green Furred Cats who dance and eat cheese – stuff like that.

G.

Feet up now01 Jan 2013 11:16 a.m. PST

wowser .thanks for sharing I will jump on this one .
only 29 slots to get the game for £20.00 GBP cheers.

Maddaz111 Sponsoring Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 6:42 p.m. PST

yes I'm in for 110 quid and hoping to be able to up that to 150 in about twelve hours…

I put a message up about this a couple of days ago, I really think kickstarter is great.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.