Help support TMP

"40k Demiurge, how to make them?" Topic

17 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

Action Log

30 Dec 2012 11:46 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Changed title from "40k Demiurge, how to makle them?" to "40k Demiurge, how to make them?"

1,049 hits since 30 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Paragonicnova Inactive Member30 Dec 2012 11:30 a.m. PST

From what I know Demiurges are short/dwarfish Golem people. Any idea on how to make a few of them?

Prince Rupert of the Rhine Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 11:36 a.m. PST

Aren't Demiurges just squats by another name? If so I'd just go with Mantic forge fathers

picture

or if you want something a bit more hi-tech Hasslefree Grymm

picture

punkrabbitt returns30 Dec 2012 11:38 a.m. PST

Or convert To-Tanem from Crocodile's "Aegyptus" range for a more "short, golem" feel…

Not for me30 Dec 2012 12:38 p.m. PST

Have a look at these fellas.
TMP link

Wolfprophet30 Dec 2012 1:22 p.m. PST

Yeah, I'd just go with the mantic troops honestly. They look pretty good. I keep thinking about buying some at my LGS, but that would mean starting another project…..I cannot bring myself to do that. Again. For the trillionth time.

The Beast Rabban Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 3:47 p.m. PST

I am happy to have the Forge Fathers as my unofficial, "not-squats".

I love Copplestone's work, but the Grymm have never done it for me. Maybe space-gnomes.

Don't forget Bob Olley's "Scrunts". Though I don't understand his partial line-selling business notion.

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 7:55 p.m. PST

Damn your eyes!

Years I've been accumulating squats, never playing, I've become satisfied with the pile.

Now I MUST HAVE an Iron Ancestor! It's NOT FAIR!

Doug

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP30 Dec 2012 11:07 p.m. PST

Grymn.

AndrewGPaul31 Dec 2012 6:51 a.m. PST

From what I know Demiurges are short/dwarfish Golem people

Where do you know that from? The only official depiction of any Demiurg is two of their spaceships. :)

If you want to go with space dwarfs, then the suggestions above are your best bet. Myself, I'd quite like to see a non-hivemend insectoid tool-using species, just for a change. grin

ordinarybass Supporting Member of TMP31 Dec 2012 9:31 a.m. PST

Paragonicnova,
As folks have said, the field is wide open for interpretation. Mantic Forgefathers, GW Squats or Hasslefree Grymn are all good options.

The Beast,
I've also been building a squat army from GW/BTD/Mantic figs. I just got an Iron Ancestor myself and it's quite a nice model that would fit nicely into a Foregfather and/or Squat force.

Wolfprophet31 Dec 2012 10:50 a.m. PST

Where do you know that from? The only official depiction of any Demiurg is two of their spaceships. :)

Jes Goodwin begs to differ! ;) Somewhat. The description lent to them on the Lexicanum page definitely screams "SQUATS!"

picture

link

AndrewGPaul01 Jan 2013 5:38 a.m. PST

I read that link too. The caption says "A concept sketch by Jes Goodwin supposedly depicting a member of the Demiurg race", and has never been published. He's did concept art for space Skaven too, and they're not part of the setting either.

Dogged Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 5:43 a.m. PST

While Hasslefree Grymn make for excellent scifi stocky shorter humans (read dwarves in space if you want), Mantic forge fathers fit the bill perfectly. Even tehir weaponry and equipment matches which we could guess as characteristic of demiurgs in the 40K universe.

And as Insomniac puts in this thread:
TMP link
they can make for excellent looks if well painted.

The Beast Rabban Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 9:54 a.m. PST

I think Dear Mantic is happy to fill the bill GW has blown off for twentyish years.

"You don't need what you want, you want what we give you."

Scenery Basics01 Jan 2013 1:25 p.m. PST

I read that link too. The caption says "A concept sketch by Jes Goodwin supposedly depicting a member of the Demiurg race", and has never been published. He's did concept art for space Skaven too, and they're not part of the setting either.

They are called Hrud, and have been mentioned in a bunch of books and a few scetches so far, but never went anywhere. I also have a picture of a test sculpt for a demiurg head. Not sure how to paste it here though.

3rd Foot and Mouth01 Jan 2013 5:23 p.m. PST

He's did concept art for space Skaven too, and they're not part of the setting either.

They are called Hrud, and have been mentioned in a bunch of books and a few scetches so far, but never went anywhere.<q/>

Important to note the space Skaven pics were labelled as Hrud but the modern Hrud are most definitely not space Skaven.

Personal logo nvdoyle Supporting Member of TMP01 Jan 2013 9:19 p.m. PST

Bah, slap some old-style pistols on Nightrunners, and we've got Space Skaven!

Make 'em count as…cultists, that sounds good. Considering that my CSMs are going to be half beastmen (bottom half and heads), that'll work. :)

As for Demiurg, allies of the high-tech Tau, I'd go with Grymn.

There are non-hivemind tool using insectoids the Vespid, more Tau allies.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.