Help support TMP

"15mm Ming Troopers" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

Back to the DBx Message Board

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

1,234 hits since 29 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Guthroth29 Dec 2012 1:32 p.m. PST

Hi again.

It looks like the Ming's warocket is sorted, so now it's troopers.

There are so many 15mm sci-fi ranges now, can anyone suggest which would be best for Ming's thugs ?

I'm planning for HoTT, and looking at their behaviour in the film, I think hordes of 'infantry' supported by tripod mounted heavy weapons (Artillery and MG-types)

TIA

Pete

Moonbeast29 Dec 2012 1:54 p.m. PST

I assume you're talking about the Dino De Laurentis Flash Gordon from the 80's right? Have you tried Blue Moon? Perhaps these:
link

captainquirk29 Dec 2012 2:19 p.m. PST

Personally I like these for them:

link

davebill29 Dec 2012 7:54 p.m. PST

What about these?
link

corporalpat30 Dec 2012 8:50 a.m. PST

Not sure exactly what you have in mind for them but, besides Blue Moon, these are my favorite 15mm Sci-fi manufacturers.

khurasanminiatures.tripod.com

rebelminis.com/index.html

Also, for a more old school flavor (read been around forever) I have always liked:

15mm.co.uk/index.html

Hope you find what you want.

DHautpol03 Jan 2013 6:41 a.m. PST

The Flash Gordon film was aired in the UK over the holiday period.

I finally saw it in its entirety, rather than just odd clips; absolute tosh, but very entertaining.

Moqawama Inactive Member03 Jan 2013 7:33 a.m. PST

"I finally saw it in its entirety"

Due to my advanced age I was able to see it when it was originally released,

I remember that me and Dad were late but at the time they allowed you to enter the theater at any moment so the first time I watched it from the scene of Flash' "execution" onwards…

…being under 10 I thoroughly liked the experience but, being already rather knowledgeable in Flash Gordon's lore (due to the FILMATION's cartoon which was aired during those years) I somewhat resented the lack of Thun and disliked Doctor Doom's golden lookalike in the villains' ranks.

picture

TheBeast Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 7:53 a.m. PST

Advanced age my…

I didn't take my daughter to it because she was just being born. ;->=

Painfully camp, yet, I also enjoyed the heck out of it. I really did find Flash himself the least sufferable part, though.

Filmation is not necessarily a bench mark, but probably better than the Buster Crabbe serials. (No, not old enough to have seen when first out…)

@Guthroch So, you aren't going with a DIY Ajax for your troops? ;->=

Doug

Personal logo Cacique Caribe Supporting Member of TMP03 Jan 2013 9:18 a.m. PST

Wow. That takes me back !!!

Let's see …I was 15 and living in New Orleans at the time (1980). I took "Debbie" (named changed to protect the "innocent"). She was older, 17, and knew stuff. We sat in the back row. Anyway, I left the theater with no clue what the movie was about.

I had to go to the theater again later, without her, just so I could focus on the film.

Dan

stenicplus03 Jan 2013 5:56 p.m. PST

Keen fans of the Flash Gordon film should watch Ted.

a) It's quite a funny if uncouth film
b) Flash is in it

CC, you lucky lucky thing.

Guthroth05 Jan 2013 10:06 a.m. PST

I am also old enough to have seen it at the local cinema first time around. Camper than a whole row of tents, but tremendous fun.

BlackWidowPilot Supporting Member of TMP Fezian06 Jan 2013 8:15 p.m. PST

Saw this in the theater more than once, and loved it every time. Sheer campy pulp sci-fi mayhem, hot women, and laser guns? What more could a man ask from life?evil grin

Leland R. Erickson
Metal Express
metal-express.net

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop10 Jan 2013 12:55 p.m. PST

Bother- sorry I missed that on UK TV been trying to track down a copy.

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP12 Jan 2013 10:03 a.m. PST

A good friend of mine (since the early 80s) will begin many a phone call to me with

"Klytus, I'm boooored…"

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.