Help support TMP

"Bitz inquiry: Imperial guard left arm laspistols" Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Warhammer 40K Message Board

602 hits since 26 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

jeeves Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 1:47 p.m. PST

In anticipation of my IG assault squads, I need bitz for left arms/hands carrying laspistols. Is my only alternative forgeworld bitz? I hope not. Anyone have suggestions?

ordinarybass Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 2:53 p.m. PST

IG assault squads? Is this in an upcoming codex?

I don't think there are any official GW bits with left arm laspistols.

Victoria Lamb does some laspistol (left) and sword (right) arm sets.
link

They don't have the cadian shoulder pads, but look quite nice and reportedly her bits are all compatible with GW plastics.

Here's what they look like with her company's torsos, legs, etc. Note that the shoulder boards (frill) is a separate piece.

picture

There's also a free shipping sale til the new year…

Personal logo Pizzagrenadier Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 3:00 p.m. PST

You should be able to get them via Bitz Barn and places like that.

jeeves Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 3:08 p.m. PST

I don't really follow codexes:). I'll check out the victoria lamb stuff thanks!

Pedrobear Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 5:27 p.m. PST

A quick search on ebay reveals some laspistol bits from the IG command sprue and Catachan spures. Some are attached to the right hand, but it should be a simple job to cut them off and graft them to a left hand.

Personal logo Pizzagrenadier Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 5:38 p.m. PST
Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 7:51 p.m. PST

Ebay.

ordinarybass Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 8:30 p.m. PST

The problem with GW bits is that as far as I know, there aren't any GW IG hands of any kind holding a gun in the left hand. You can weapon swap but the hand probably won't be holding the pistol correctly.

The Victoria bits are the only ones I recall seeing with left hand firearms. Even if you just cut the hands off at the wrist/jacket and graft them onto a cadian arm those bits are probably your best bet.

Cadian 7th Supporting Member of TMP26 Dec 2012 10:28 p.m. PST

Of late, I've been using the weapon hands from the assault marines to do left hand shooters as they have plasma and bolt pistols with both right and left hands.

Personal logo Mardaddy Supporting Member of TMP Fezian26 Dec 2012 11:00 p.m. PST
Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP27 Dec 2012 9:18 a.m. PST

Scout Marine arms work fine on guard troopers as well. I made a squad of veteran guard with shotguns that way.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.