Help support TMP

"Virgin X-Wing Flight on the Virgin Birth" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

514 hits since 24 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo War Panda Supporting Member of TMP24 Dec 2012 11:24 a.m. PST

A plea to all you veterans of x-wing… I'm eagerly awaiting my first game tomorrow, probably with two/three pals (not sure if the wife and her pals will…really doubt it) I have (I think 7 Tie, 1 Advanced Tie, 4 x-wings, 2 y-wings…what scenario would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance

Paul S24 Dec 2012 12:13 p.m. PST

Similar for me – two bsic sets will be out. really looking forward ot it

ming3124 Dec 2012 12:13 p.m. PST

Straight up dog fight , wil give you a chance to pick up rules and will be a fun game , throw the asteroids out htere it will cause havoc . Use the points you will need to slim down the rebels or use a novice pilots

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP24 Dec 2012 1:42 p.m. PST

Yep, a furball seems perfect for the initial sortie.

However, if you must have a bit more story than that, how about the approach to the Deathstar, and Vader and his pals decide to engage before the Rebel scum gets close to the base.

Rebels must fly across the board to get to the Deathstar's surface, and the Imps are trying to prevent that.

Makes for a good second sortie, should any forces survive first contact.

Note just one more Tie Fighter, and you have the total Imperial force fielded against the 32 Rebel fighters fielded in the actual raid on the Deathstar.

Personal logo War Panda Supporting Member of TMP24 Dec 2012 3:02 p.m. PST

Thanks guys and Merry Christmas

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.