Help support TMP

"Review of Richard Borg's Abaddon" Topic

7 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the SF Product Reviews Message Board

989 hits since 20 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 7:52 p.m. PST

Richard Borg has a new board game with miniatures/miniatures game played on a grid, much in the same model as Command and Colors and Memoir '44. However, this new Sci-Fi Mech Battle game is not a part of the Command and Colors game family and plays quite differently. I reviewed the game on my blog and wrote up a short battle report. link

You can find photos of the components and other gamer's reviews on Board Game Geek: link

Dale

Only Warlock20 Dec 2012 11:26 p.m. PST

Um. Those are Battletech Plastic minis in the Abaddon boxed set.

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 1:38 a.m. PST

Interesting. It credits the mech designs to two people and the infantry to two others. Neither of the mech artists credited have Battletech credits – at least according to their credits on BGG.

Paint it Pink Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 5:30 a.m. PST

I think that some of the photos show the game being played with BattleTech mechs, but it is pretty clear that the unpainted mechs that come in the box set are different designs.

Otherwise CGL would appear to have a case of copyright infringement.

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 7:40 a.m. PST

The photos of the game are with the miniatures that come in the box. They are not old Battletech miniatures or substitutes.

So you are saying that the miniatures depicted in their promo are Battletech sculpts?

picture

link

Only Warlock21 Dec 2012 9:02 a.m. PST

These minis at the BGG Preview are:

picture

Personal logo Dale Hurtt Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 5:35 p.m. PST

Ah! Yes those are apparently some reconstituted minis. I think I will update my blog with unboxing photos, now that I am home from vacation.

I wonder if that was an RB prototype?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.