Help support TMP

"Should the Eat Hitler Time Machine™ be a clown car?" Topic

29 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Pulp Gaming Message Board

Back to the WWII Discussion Message Board

908 hits since 20 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 7:54 a.m. PST

It occurred to me while reading the thread asking for a Fiesler Storch what a fine time machine for Eat Hitler it would be.
Unfortunately, it has a capacity of only 2.
It sees to me, though, that if you can make a Kubelwagen or a Schwimmwagen into a time machine, surely it can have other spatial bonuses, like an internal capacity that exceeds its outer volume.
There should of course be limits. One should not be able to take the whole Herman Goering Fallschirmjaegerpanzer Division.

For the purposes of Eat Hitler, I think a Storch should have a maximum capacity of 12 passengers.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 8:06 a.m. PST

I figure it needs to accommodate at least Hitler, Eichman, Goering, Himler, Heydrich, Kramer, Koch, Goebbles, Stangl, Kaltenbrunner, Blobel, Jeckeln, Globocnik, Mengle, Dirlewangler and Barbie.

So 16 of them. Maybe it should be an Opel Blitz truck?

I don't know if those names are spelled right, note one of the little Bleeped text bags deserves me taking the time to look them up.

Personal logo Saber6 Supporting Member of TMP Fezian20 Dec 2012 8:16 a.m. PST

more likely a Mercedes stretch touring car

The Shadow Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 8:25 a.m. PST

Leave the Barbie. Take the cannoli.

Personal logo Saber6 Supporting Member of TMP Fezian20 Dec 2012 8:44 a.m. PST

Better:

picture

Now we know the reason they hid one in the Paris Sewers

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 8:47 a.m. PST

Hey! I have one of those!

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 8:51 a.m. PST

A Schwimmwagen of holding? Now that would be handy.

Doug

Personal logo Saber6 Supporting Member of TMP Fezian20 Dec 2012 9:10 a.m. PST

I actually got to sit in one (Harrah had 2 only 7 survive) and steer it as we towed it around the Harrah's lot for a photo shoot

nevinsrip Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 9:15 a.m. PST

So this is what TMP has been reduced to?

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member20 Dec 2012 9:18 a.m. PST

Why John?
beer

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 10:01 a.m. PST

What kindof car was the one that General Burkhalter had in Hogans Heroes? Maybe that would work?

epturner Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 10:01 a.m. PST

Bill;
Yes. Or you can go over to the Nappy boards and argue about bricoles…

grin

Eric

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 10:06 a.m. PST

So this is what TMP has been reduced to?

I fail to see a problem.
To much fanfare, "Eat Hitler, the Nazi Taste Treat™" was announced on these very pages by our esteemed member, Mexican Jack Squint.
Like all good wargamers, I am not only asking for a rules clarification, but I am also seeking to change the rules without ever having played them.

Roderick Robertson Supporting Member of TMP Fezian20 Dec 2012 10:24 a.m. PST

Nazi Science sneers at spatial limitations!

CooperSteveOnTheLaptop20 Dec 2012 10:25 a.m. PST

Well, their need for living space is legendary…

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 12:11 p.m. PST

Well, their need for living space is legendary…

Well played, sir!

Doug

Personal logo Mexican Jack Squint Sponsoring Member of TMP Fezian20 Dec 2012 12:17 p.m. PST

Hee Hee Hee!

I am glad to see such complex thought going into the question of Aryan Time Travel.

My own games have featured a Schwimmwagen, because the Nazi scientists didn't want the Fuhrer landing in a puddle and messing up his uniform. It has Tardis-like qualities, and carries as many passengers as needed.

Ed Watts tells me his games feature something like two Opel trucks with a Flux Capacitor welded in place between them.

HistoryPhD20 Dec 2012 12:18 p.m. PST

If the Tardis can be bigger on the inside than on the outside, so can a Storch. That phenomena actually has a scientific name that escapes me at the moment…physical spatial displacement or some such

Personal logo Randall Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 12:40 p.m. PST

What's the best source for figures of:

Hitler, Eichman, Goering, Himler, Heydrich, Kramer, Koch, Goebbles, Stangl, Kaltenbrunner, Blobel, Jeckeln, Globocnik, Mengle, Dirlewangler and Barbie

I'm not as concerned about Barbie--I figure one of Hasslefree's females will work. But what about everyone else? Is there a best place for most or all of them in 28mm?

Thanks.

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member20 Dec 2012 1:10 p.m. PST

I think an Opel is a good idea for transport!

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 1:25 p.m. PST

"That phenomena actually has a scientific name that escapes me at the moment…physical spatial displacement or some such"

Does it have anything to do with the Banach-Tarki paradox?

skippy000120 Dec 2012 3:24 p.m. PST

A VW Delorean hybrid with everyone's face being a decal showing them plastered against the windows. As the vehicle is being pursued by a Mouthasaurus, roll the die on which Reichs personage gets thrown out per turn.

Pyrate Captain20 Dec 2012 3:59 p.m. PST

picture

Covert Walrus20 Dec 2012 4:09 p.m. PST

Murphy asked "What kindof car was the one that General Burkhalter had in Hogans Heroes?"
That was a staff car version of the Mercedes D1 limousine/car of state, based on a light truck chassis.

"Maybe that would work?"
Depends – it seated about 8 in that version, though the boattail roadster version driven by the Red Skull ( Seriously, check the Captain America movie – that is *exactly* what that is!) looks to have only four passengers, so size wise neither is ideal.
For sheer cool points though . . .

Personal logo Don Manser Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 5:31 p.m. PST

Yes

number420 Dec 2012 7:56 p.m. PST

If the Tardis can be bigger on the inside than on the outside, so can a Storch. That phenomena actually has a scientific name that escapes me at the moment…

It's called a handbag. My wife has one.

Personal logo Randall Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 9:35 a.m. PST

I've done some searching and Gothic Line has a fair number of the miniatures listed above.

They're here: link

Are there any other sources people would recommend?

Thanks.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP21 Dec 2012 10:02 a.m. PST

Ah!
Thank you.

Monophagos21 Dec 2012 4:11 p.m. PST

The Tardis is 'dimensionally transcendental'

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.