Help support TMP

"VBCW and Archaeology" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

505 hits since 19 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

spontoon19 Dec 2012 6:15 p.m. PST

With the onset of the Dec. 21 Maya End of the World disaster, I can't help but be worried for the future. What if the only literature to survive from our era are the books/notes, etc. on the Very British Civil War? That could play havoc with the understanding of history by our descendants from the few survivors of Friday's apocalypse!

jpattern2 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 6:21 p.m. PST

Could be worse. Could be a copy of People magazine.

pzivh43 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 6:47 p.m. PST

Or this month's Time magazine!

Personal logo Meiczyslaw Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 7:45 p.m. PST

Who was it who was saying that the history in the future would include the reign of the Queen of the Undead, Elizabeth?

jpattern2 Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 10:13 p.m. PST

Or this month's Time magazine!
Time comes out weekly, not monthly, and I really like this week's issue. I'll let you guess why that is. :)

MajorB Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 2:56 a.m. PST

I can't help but be worried for the future. What if the only literature to survive from our era

If it really was the End of the World then nothing would survive anyway.

Karellian Knight20 Dec 2012 6:30 a.m. PST

Time comes out weekly, not monthly, and I really like this week's issue. I'll let you guess why that is. :)

Are you the model on the cover? ;-D

Frederick Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 9:13 a.m. PST

I am reminded of how frustrating it must be to re-construct a language based on fragments collected from what used to schools ("you made a spelling mistake on that tablet, Horus – throw it in the scrap pile")

jpattern2 Supporting Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 11:33 a.m. PST

Are you the model on the cover? ;-D
Hah! Good one! But, no, you're thinking of the AARP swimsuit issue. :)

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.