Help support TMP

"Rapier Miniatures Site" Topic

8 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to The Industry Message Board

495 hits since 18 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

The Gray Ghost Supporting Member of TMP18 Dec 2012 8:12 p.m. PST

Has anyone had problems getting into Rapier's web site?
My antivirus keeps telling me that the site is "Site is listed as suspicious – visiting this web site may harm your computer."

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian18 Dec 2012 8:48 p.m. PST

Working fine for me. rapierminiatures.co.uk

Rapier Miniatures Sponsoring Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 3:07 a.m. PST

Are you using a Mac? Something in the coding has suddenly started giving these message to Mac/iPad users.

Now given just how basic the code is (only used to do pop up pics and rollover buttons) I am unable to isolate just what it doesn't like. Both myself and the host have virus checked it over the weekend and we can find nothing that should be tripping virus checkers, but it is being looked into.

EagleSixFive Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 6:48 a.m. PST

It appears to have been hacked.

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 11:19 a.m. PST

Happened to me on my Mac at work. I've avoided it for now.

PapaSync19 Dec 2012 12:25 p.m. PST

I got as far as the main page. When I clicked on one the selections. I got a warning too. On a Win7 Pc using Firefox.

8(

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP19 Dec 2012 9:33 p.m. PST

Clicking on the main page and then specifically on the chariot period, I get…

"Reported Attack Page!

This web page at rapierminiatures.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

It is actually blocked by Google safe browsing.

Rapier Miniatures Sponsoring Member of TMP20 Dec 2012 3:43 a.m. PST

Here is the Google report:

link

It says it wanted you to download something, the only thing the page needs is ActiveX if you don't have that enabled. Other than that it passes all the virus checks etc the hosts have run.

The warning is a Google warning.

If anyone gets anything more specific, such as the type of threat or other information, please pm me here or email rapierminiatures@live.co.uk

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.