Help support TMP

"Who makes 15mm kangaroo decals for Italian/Aissie tanks?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the Flames of War Message Board

500 hits since 16 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 7:27 a.m. PST

Ever since I first saw that picture of the kangaroo on the Italian tank captured by the Australians, I knew I needed some in my army.
And then I got my copy of Hellfire and Back, and there they are, in all their glory, on page 131. Those sure look like decals to me, certainly not hand painted.
Who makes them? Battlefront?

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 7:28 a.m. PST

That's "Aussie", of course. grin

Sundance Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 9:10 a.m. PST

Give I-94 a try – I know I've seen them somewhere and not sure it was them or not.

i-94enterprises.com

21eRegt16 Dec 2012 12:30 p.m. PST

The Axis and Allies miniature of the M11/39 comes with kangaroos on the turrets. Oneo of the models that inexpensively fits with 15mm. I think I paid $1 USD each from them on eBay. Of course, then you have to use them. ;-)

Gravett Islander16 Dec 2012 1:42 p.m. PST

John, they are indeed available from Battlefront, in the Italian decal set. You get forty 'roos in the set.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 1:52 p.m. PST

FORTY? Well, OK.

Bill Armintrout16 Dec 2012 3:43 p.m. PST

they are indeed available from Battlefront, in the Italian decal set. You get forty 'roos in the set.

Just a pity they all face the same way and are all the same size.frown
LES

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 6:31 p.m. PST

I've put decals on backwards before… Slap some varnish and Dullcote on them, and you're fine.

Gravett Islander17 Dec 2012 2:34 p.m. PST

John, I hadn't realised in thirty five years of modelling & gaming that you WEREN'T allowed to put decals on backwards!
But it is a pity they're all the same. A bit of variation would make them even nicer.

Personal logo John the OFM Supporting Member of TMP17 Dec 2012 9:41 p.m. PST

They're all white, so no problem.
Just use the standard Voodoo Decal formulas and seal them as usual.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.