Help support TMP

"2 on 1 X-wing Starter Set - Who Wins?" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

Back to the TMP Poll Suggestions Message Board

566 hits since 16 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mako1116 Dec 2012 2:55 a.m. PST

Thought of another poll for the X-Wing Starter set, and am wondering who wins most of the time in the small games (1 x X-Wing vs. 2 x standard Tie Fighters)?

Obviously, tactics and skill will have some bearing, but just curious to see if they are evenly matched, as it appears many of the 100 point game builds are.

1. Basic game, right out of the box, with no special weapons upgrades, and balanced pilots in terms of overall points costs?

2. Basic 35 40 point game, permitting upgrades as desired for the X-Wing, and Tie Fighters?

Is one side easier to play than the other, when just starting out and learning, or at this level, is it pretty much a toss-up?

cherrypicker Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 3:28 a.m. PST

I played my first games yesterday 75pt 2 x wing and 1 y wing with a 1pt upgrade. won 2 games lost 2 games so not a bad start

Chief Lackey Rich Supporting Member of TMP Fezian16 Dec 2012 7:13 a.m. PST

The TIEs probably have a slight edge in either case, but it's very slim. The cumulative advantage of the 2:1 ratio don't start to become noticeable until you hit about 6:3 or more.

RazorMind16 Dec 2012 7:37 a.m. PST

we had a 100 point tourney yesterday at my local game shop and the Empire dominated. in fact, the overall winner never played the game before but fielded all named tie fighter pilots with no upgrades.

Personal logo Landorl Supporting Member of TMP15 Jan 2013 12:11 p.m. PST

I played the stock game with unnamed pilots a few times to get the feel for it. My results were mixed, though whoever won barely limped off.

I also played the scenario where you defend the senator's shuttle. Every time, the shuttle went down, though in one game it cost 4 ties to do it!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.