Help support TMP

"The Wolverine." Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Media Message Board

507 hits since 14 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Tango01 Supporting Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 12:10 p.m. PST

Logan a Samurai?

link

Amicalement
Armand

Warmaster Horus14 Dec 2012 12:17 p.m. PST

Didn't he fight the silver samarai and train with the hand or some other "underground" organization?

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 12:22 p.m. PST

He certainly was heavily involved in Japanese culture. His first solo limited series took place entirely in Japan. His fiance was Japanese and Logan was very aware of Japanese culture.

While he was not a samurai himself he was familiar with Japanese styles of combat and obviously had significant training in ways of infiltration and stealthy movement.

And he sure killed his fair share of Ninjas.

Personal logo richarDISNEY of the RDGC Supporting Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 12:44 p.m. PST

I think it looks good…
beer

PygmaelionAgain14 Dec 2012 1:07 p.m. PST

So long as they have him fight some crummy reimagining of Fing Fang Foom with laser eyes at the end it will be on par with the first film they squeezed out for this character.

Marvel has done some pretty enjoyable films of late, but there is room for improvement with Wolverine's cinematic presence.

Eclectic Wave14 Dec 2012 1:15 p.m. PST

But… why would he need a katana in the first place?

Now, if it popped out of his index finger or something, I can understand.

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 2:08 p.m. PST

It could be the clan Yashida (or whatever it was) family sword.

I would love to see them do the classic Claremont/Miller series as a movie. I think it would work really well.

skippy000114 Dec 2012 7:36 p.m. PST

He could be holding someones' family sword. I thought he killed 40 ninja in a comic?

Augustus14 Dec 2012 7:49 p.m. PST

Dunno. On the fence on this one. I was so disappointed with the entire X-men trilogy that I can't see Jackman rising above his delivery in those films.

IMHO, X-Men is a horribly mishandled property. First Class was a good start to a potential relaunch. If you ask me, they need to get rid of Jackman.

Personal logo JRacel Supporting Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 9:33 p.m. PST

I would love to see them do the classic Claremont/Miller series as a movie. I think it would work really well.

I agree 100%

Personal logo Pictors Studio Sponsoring Member of TMP14 Dec 2012 10:40 p.m. PST

See I thought the first X-men movie was pretty good and it just went downhill from there. By the time they got to the last one the whole thing was all wonked out.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.