Help support TMP

"Pea Dot Tutorial" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the WWII Painting Guides Message Board

Back to the WWII Land Gallery Message Board

992 hits since 12 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

bracken Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 11:26 a.m. PST

I posted a few days ago thinking that it would be my last for a while due to condition rearing its ugly head again! After the loss of a nights sleep due to it, I put the time to use and finished my tutorial for pea dot camoflague! I'm knackered and in abit of pain but my meds have being increased so hopefully I can work through it. That aside I've posted the tutorial so check it out link thanks for looking cheers for now Russ if the link doesn't work link and as always thanks for looking

Personal logo CeruLucifus Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 1:31 p.m. PST

Nice clear pictures and explanation, thank you.

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 2:03 p.m. PST

very helpful

Personal logo Ditto TwoThree Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 2:15 p.m. PST

Bracken, what do you mean by highlight, such as "highlight military green with white"? Do you mean just drybrush over the green with the white?

It's a very well laid out tutorial, thanks.
--
Tim

bracken Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 2:47 p.m. PST

Thanks for the feedback guys it helps a lot especially at the moment! I'm trying not to feel sorry for myself or let it get to bad to deal with.
Ditto sorry i didn't explain it very well, use the military green as your base colour and slowly add alittle bit of white, keep building up the layers of highlight or raised areas, each time you keep adding a little bit of your highlight colour into your base colour. You may find you prefer to use grey to highlight green or maybe even cam orange. This can mean you paint two things side by side with the same base colour, but by adding different highlight colours you can make them look very different from each other. Hope I've explained it abit better, but if there is anything else I can help with or explain better then just let us know! I'm no expert and WW2 wise I'm still abit of a novice but hopefully its helped breakdown roughly how to approach different types of camoflague. So thanks again guys, keep looking and i will keep posting cheers Russ

Personal logo Rrobbyrobot Supporting Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 4:46 p.m. PST

You are an artist. And you put many of us to shame. Good for you!
I hope you feel better soon.

Personal logo SBminisguy Sponsoring Member of TMP12 Dec 2012 6:40 p.m. PST

Nice!!

Wolfprophet12 Dec 2012 6:54 p.m. PST

Thanks for the tutorials and I hope your condition calms down so you can get some sleep and keep making great tutorials for our use.

bracken Supporting Member of TMP13 Dec 2012 9:03 a.m. PST

Cheers guys, thanks for all the feedback guys!
Robby I don't think many people would agree with that statement, unless its got p-ss in front of it!
Wolfprophet my tutorials will be fallschirmjager! I'll see how I feel after the weekend and hopefully making a start.
Everyone thanks for the kind words! It always surprises me how many good people there are on TMP! So all the best to you all and here's to a happy Christmas lots of new toys and a happy and healthy new year!
Cheers Russ

GrandKenyon8413 Dec 2012 12:19 p.m. PST

Great stuff again Russ! Looking forward to the next one. Thank you

bracken Supporting Member of TMP16 Dec 2012 2:58 p.m. PST

Thanks Grandkenyon84 I've enjoyed doing them, its nice getting the feedback, its makes doing them worthwhile! My interest in WW2 is growing so anything could crop up in the future. So thanks guys its nice to get the feedback, so cheers for now Russ

bracken Supporting Member of TMP18 Dec 2012 11:20 a.m. PST

I've had a very relaxing and stress free weekend and the weather has turned a lot milder, so today I made a start on my fallschirmjager tutorial. Fingers crossed it should be finished tonight, so if everything goes well I should be posting it tomorrow. Providing Photobucket is working! So hopefully you should see it soon!
Cheers for now Russ

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.