Help support TMP

"Free Kursk Scenario" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Scenarios Message Board

Action Log

07 Dec 2012 6:00 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Flames of War board
  • Removed from Command Decision board
  • Removed from WWII Discussion board
  • Removed from WWII Rules board

732 hits since 7 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

leesow Inactive Member07 Dec 2012 5:04 a.m. PST

I have posted a free Kursk Scenario on the Combat Action Command website (link below). The Scenario Design Notes provide information so that you can easily adapt it to use Flames or War, Command Decision and other WWII rules. Enjoy.

Happy Holidays! Lee
available on the Download Page at
combatactioncommand.com

MajorB07 Dec 2012 5:07 a.m. PST

Interesting scenario, if only a small vignette rather than the whole battle.

Ken Portner07 Dec 2012 6:02 a.m. PST

How would a tabletop miniatures wargame possibly recreate the entire multi-day battle involving hundreds of thousands of troops and covering hundreds of square miles? Of course it's just a scenario set during the battle .

Personal logo Martin Rapier Supporting Member of TMP07 Dec 2012 6:24 a.m. PST

Depending on troop scale ground scale you can model very large battles indeed. We did the entire north rm flank of Kursk. One base to one battalion.

Ken Portner07 Dec 2012 8:56 a.m. PST

Depending on troop scale ground scale you can model very large battles indeed. We did the entire north rm flank of Kursk. One base to one battalion.

True, but once you go above a certain groundscale, it seems to me you've crossed the line from a wargame with miniatures-- which are usually more tactical games-- to a board game on the table top.

leesow Inactive Member07 Dec 2012 1:18 p.m. PST

There is another Free Download on the CAC website FREE PK44 which might let you do at least an entire "Front" at Kursk. PK 44 is a set of rules, not a scenario. Scale is 1 to 20 AFVs (actually 1 model to a company) with 1" = 500m and 1 Turn per Day. It works well with 1/300 and 10mm minis and I have played Operation Goodwood on my Kitchen Table and Operation Market Garden on 3 tables placed end to end at Historicon.

If you are in to playing ALL of Kursk, PK 44 might work for you! If there is enough interest, I will put up the Russian Data Cards so you can have a go at Kursk.

Cheers!

Lee

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.