Help support TMP

"Who want FOUR poses of SAW gunners of GZG UNSC?" Topic

16 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 15mm Sci-Fi Message Board

1,213 hits since 4 Dec 2012
©1994-2017 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Umpapa04 Dec 2012 2:46 p.m. PST

I admit that I love UNSC of GZG. Those are wonderful figures, very scifish. If You haven't seen great Spacejacker review and painting guide, I strongly advise. It is one of most popular human range, looking at new sets added and number of AAR using those figures.

My only grip is that they have only two poses of SAW gunners, including only one standing and one lying. While f.ex New Israel has FOUR such poses, only one prone. And many gamers dislike prone figures.

Jon of GZG listen to his customers, f.ex. he very fast reacted to popular demand and created Crusties civilians. I suppose if there would be enough voices demanding more SAW gunners, Jon would fulfil our wishes.

So lets evaluate demand: who else want more SAW gunners?

Eli Arndt Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 2:55 p.m. PST

The best way to get expansions to a line will not be wish lists but actual purchases.

It has been stated by many retailers that boards and surveys provide questionable data. While there isn't any harm in making desires and wishes known (I do it all the time) expectations need to be set that it is sales rather than requests that will guide the growth of a line.

-Eli

Chef Lackey Rich Fezian Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 3:10 p.m. PST

I want new starships before Christmas. Enough with the GROPOS love, how about something for the rocket jockies?

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 3:43 p.m. PST

I'd like to see a whole line of the UNSC Hardsuits, like they've done for other ranges, but can't hold my breath any longer for them to be produced.

Supposedly, they will eventually be in the queue, but I'm not so sure given other priorities.

Would love to see the NSL troopers with body armor range expanded as well.

Eli Arndt Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 3:48 p.m. PST

Just out of my own curioisty.

How many ways are there to pose a SAW gunner before you start getting into poses that are too similar to others or that people don't like (won't sell)?

-Eli

emckinney04 Dec 2012 3:58 p.m. PST

Having seen a wonderful Normandy game, the goal should always be three poses for each figure: standing, kneeling, and prone. You substitute in the correct pose depending on what the figure is doing!

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 4:19 p.m. PST

Standing and firing, walking, running, kneeling and waiting, kneeling and firing, and prone firing would work for me.

That's six.

Personal logo John Treadaway Supporting Member of TMP04 Dec 2012 4:34 p.m. PST

Standing and firing, walking, running, kneeling and waiting, kneeling and firing, and prone firing would work for me.

And scratching their backside…

That's seven… grin

I think Jon should just work a lot harder than he does. The slacker… (more grins)

John T

infojunky04 Dec 2012 4:45 p.m. PST

I would like more poses of UNSC with Pistols and/or SMGs, including dual wielding…

doug redshirt04 Dec 2012 4:57 p.m. PST

I am just happy to have them. Now that I am over 50 it is the little things in life that I enjoy the most. One pose is plenty for me, two is pure joy. Three poses would be like a free beer and four poses means I have died and gone to heaven.

Mako11 Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 7:39 p.m. PST

I agree with you John.

Probably has to do with the lack of an "h" in his first name.

;-)

Just wish he'd hire about 5 people, so he could concentrate on producing more new stuff, as well as old stuff, faster, in a variety of scale, including the now orphaned 25mm…..

Andyh1909 Inactive Member05 Dec 2012 4:27 a.m. PST

Remembering a conversation from over 20 years ago with a Sergeant, a very pointed one way conversation held during basic training, regarding a large patch of mud and a convenient tree that I was hiding behind next to that large patch of mud. With respect to that convo and post conversation experience, every figure on the table should be lying down for the vast majority of the time.:-)

As a personal opinion though I prefer my guys to be advancing, heros that they are.

As an aside, Jon from GZG is on a long list of people who should be cloned multiple times. List also includes Khurasan, David Weber and WEB Griffin (even if he does write the same book over and over)

darthfozzywig Supporting Member of TMP Inactive Member05 Dec 2012 10:32 a.m. PST

every figure on the table should be lying down for the vast majority of the time

I occasionally get the bug to model my modern/sci-fi armies mostly prone/kneeling, but I'm too lazy, not enough options, and I've been conditioned to prefer "heroic" poses. :)

emckinney05 Dec 2012 12:27 p.m. PST

I've edited this for you:

"David Weber and WEB Griffin (even if they do write the same book over and over)"

Andyh1909 Inactive Member06 Dec 2012 2:39 a.m. PST

I've edited this for you:

"David Weber and WEB Griffin (even if they do write the same book over and over)"

Now the is just pure heresy! DW? same book? over and over? No way. Unless you count the safehold series which is basically the same as Heirs of Empire just expanded into a 10 books series. :-)

Idle thought about trying to figure out how to wargame that particular set of books. Apart from using the maps that is. Anyway, getting off topic.

But just remembered that DW has a paragraph in the latest safehold book about the advantages of being able to lie down and shoot.

Umpapa06 Dec 2012 5:05 p.m. PST

[q]The best way to get expansions to a line will not be wish lists but actual purchases.

It has been stated by many retailers that boards and surveys provide questionable data. While there isn't any harm in making desires and wishes known (I do it all the time) expectations need to be set that it is sales rather than requests that will guide the growth of a line.[/q]

I have bought more then whole company (I have 3 full platoons: 12 squads + company assets, additionally sold one full platoon to friend ; of course nothing painted yet). Point is: all 12 squads have the same figure of SAW gunner.

Usually I am using prone/kneeing figures to represent "going prone"/"go down" status. Just exchange two figures with prone version to mark those squads.

[q]How many ways are there to pose a SAW gunner before you start getting into poses that are too similar to others or that people don't like (won't sell)? [/q]

picture

picture

picture

I just think that UNSC had been treated unjustly, comparing to other ranges! ;)

All figures are equal before the rules.

Sorry - only verified members can post on the forums.