Help support TMP

"Slave I Point Value for X-Wing? Place your Bets" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Star Wars Message Board

580 hits since 3 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Mako1103 Dec 2012 5:05 a.m. PST

Appears this has been left off the flight base, so thought it might be fun to guess.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets!

Mine is 43 points, without weapons or other upgrade points, and with the skill level 8 Pilot shown on the base.

39 points, using my formula, plus 10% for Boba Fett's (presumably the 8 rated pilot is him) special skills.

Thoughts?

VonTed03 Dec 2012 5:30 a.m. PST

$1 USD Bob!

vojvoda Inactive Member03 Dec 2012 7:59 a.m. PST

Slave one gave a good run to the Millennium Falcon in the movie. I would guess 7/2/3/2 point total mid 20s. Maneuver scale about the same as a Tie Advanced.

VR
James Mattes

Mako1103 Dec 2012 3:01 p.m. PST

Actually, for game values, the following appear to be the correct ones for Slave I, based upon their flight base pic, and assuming they are for Boba Fett, and not a ruse to throw people off:

Pilot Skill = 8

Attack = 3

Defense = 2

Hull = 6

Shields = 4

The on-line speed rating in Wookieepedia gives it a 70 MGLT speed, so just under that of the slow rated Y-Wing (80 MGLT. There are of course speed values of 100 MGLT as well, which are contradictory, making it as fast as the X-Wing).

So, I think the maneuverability should be similar to, or a little less than that of the Y-Wing, if they follow the Star Wars universe stats.

Seems to me the stats are about spot on to that of the B-Wing, but with slightly better speed than it (10% better).

Toshach Sponsoring Member of TMP03 Dec 2012 9:20 p.m. PST

A pilot skill of 8? As high as Luke Skywalker? That's nuts! No way. I saw nothing in any of the movies to indicate that he was anything more than an average pilot.

Eh. You're probably right.

If they give Bob Fett anything less, the Boba fans will be at FFG's doors with pitchforks and torches.

vojvoda Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 7:35 a.m. PST

He also used anti persuit mines that should be considered as well.

VR
James Mattes

Mako1118 Dec 2012 12:41 a.m. PST

Ah, should have stuck with the basic 39 points, and nixed the 10% bump for a special ship, and I would have been spot on.

chromedog31 Dec 2012 3:20 a.m. PST

8 isn't that horrible – so he shoots at the same time as skywalker.

Han Solo is a 9. He STILL shoots first.

Mako1131 Dec 2012 9:33 p.m. PST

Unless he's up against Greedo……

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.