Help support TMP

"Aircraft Profiles from World War II" Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Media Message Board

Back to the WWII Aviation Discussion Message Board

656 hits since 2 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member02 Dec 2012 4:08 p.m. PST

Nice little Ebook of some WWII aircraft Profiles."Each piece is accompanied by a short history detailing the exploits of the pilot or the aircraft itself.> Robert

Aircraft Profiles from World War II by Akhil Kadidal
PDF link

14Bore02 Dec 2012 5:10 p.m. PST

I love it, thanks for the link

Personal logo taskforce58 Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 7:26 p.m. PST

Superb find!

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member02 Dec 2012 9:52 p.m. PST

Thanks. It really is amazing what I come across while doing some research online LOL. Robert

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP03 Dec 2012 6:18 a.m. PST

Cool stuff. I wonder if that's the artist who did a couple of WWII aircraft books I have (in storage at the moment, so I cannot check). The style looks very similar.

Doug

boy wundyr x Supporting Member of TMP04 Dec 2012 8:27 a.m. PST

They do look similar to the illustrations in the 1990s era "Weapons of World War II" encyclopedia, one of those coffee table sized books that are always in the discount section of the big book stores.

Fatman04 Dec 2012 8:28 a.m. PST

If you go to his home page there are some other very nice bits the one on Malta looks nice.

Fatman

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member04 Dec 2012 11:22 a.m. PST

Here is his site. Some other nice little books he has available in addition to photos and information. Robert

link

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2012 6:25 a.m. PST

I think this may be the one I'm thinking of (I know I own this one, amongst others): link If that's the one, it's a different guy (actually several authors, it seems). Some very interesting stuff on this guy's website – several books there I'd like to read. Thanks for the link!

Doug

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2012 6:26 a.m. PST

I think this may be the one I'm thinking of (I know I own this one, amongst others): link If that's the one, it's a different guy (actually several authors, it seems). There's some really interesting stuff on this guy's website – several books there that I'd like to read. Thanks for the link!

Doug

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member05 Dec 2012 2:10 p.m. PST

I was glad to find the site. I don't know how I've missed it before LOL. Robert

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member06 Dec 2012 3:03 p.m. PST

Looks like he did a short book in the bombing of Dresden.
PDF link

Robert

Kaoschallenged Inactive Member08 Dec 2012 5:49 p.m. PST

His story of Malta index with the OOB. Robert

PDF link

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.