Help support TMP

"American M2 Tanks for VBCW" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Canadian Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Interwar (WWI to WWII) Message Board

817 hits since 2 Dec 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

floating white bear02 Dec 2012 2:45 p.m. PST

Here are a couple of photos of some M2 Medium tanks scratchbuilt for our group's 28mm VBCW:

link

Should have some details on my blog…eventually…

floatingwhitebear.blogspot.ca

Regards, Rob.

Phil McCrackin Inactive Member02 Dec 2012 3:24 p.m. PST

thats BEAUTIFUL!

coryfromMissoula Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 3:52 p.m. PST

Outstanding!

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 4:35 p.m. PST

bravo!

Personal logo zippyfusenet Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 5:14 p.m. PST

Wow! Not only is that a fantastic modelling project, but my man is using classic Testor's Pla Enamel. Well done.

Personal logo Tango 2 3 Ditto Supporting Member of TMP02 Dec 2012 7:00 p.m. PST

Holy crap, that's mostly from plastic card is it not?

Wow! I've looking at these pin cushions in my Hunnicut book lately, your work is very good.

How do they make it to the UK? US supplying one side that doesn't have control of as much manufacturing, perhaps?

Anyway, love them. All the more if you tell me I'm right about the plastic card.
--
Tim

bsrlee03 Dec 2012 4:58 a.m. PST

I'd go for a Mk VIII 'International' tank – aka the Indiana Jones tank, minus the turret. The US had hundreds of them, unused & left over from WW1 orders, just stored out in the open, and ended up selling them to the Allies in 1940 or so, when they were shipped to Canada to be refurbished & used as training vehicles. Much more likely that a few would be subject to a bit of reverse bootleging via Canada as 'scrap' or 'machine parts' than a new tank from current inventory.

There are some 28mm resin kits of the beast for those of us who aren't scratch builders.

floating white bear03 Dec 2012 5:23 a.m. PST

Yes, mostly Evergreen sheet plastic. Some Alumilite castings and some green stuff. Rob.

Personal logo Tango 2 3 Ditto Supporting Member of TMP03 Dec 2012 12:35 p.m. PST

Wow that's great. I've done many scratch projects in the past with plastic card myself, though I do find keeping consistency in sizes of things like hatches difficult.
--
Tim

Matsuru Sami Kaze04 Dec 2012 8:00 a.m. PST

Such skills. I'm blown away.

spontoon Supporting Member of TMP05 Dec 2012 7:51 p.m. PST

Wow! Get those made into masters and cast them up! I'd buy a couple!

Not sure when they were available, but in the book " The Business of Tanks" ( can't remember the author) they are mentioned as being trialled by the British Tank Commission in the U.S.

Pyrate Captain16 Jan 2013 10:05 p.m. PST

Simply, WOW!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.