Help support TMP

"Started My 40mm Troops" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

552 hits since 26 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 5:28 p.m. PST

Well I started painting my Normans over the holiday. I uploaded 10 or so progress shots on my Day of Battle Forum.

Chris P.

link

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 5:44 p.m. PST

Those look good Chris, I really like the king figure! What manufacturer are they?

Allen

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 6:01 p.m. PST

Thank you, a humble painter am I but I like them.

The spears are Sash and Sabre. The leader is Liomheart and made by Vanguard available through The Miniature Service Center.

Here is a direct link.

link

Chris P.

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 6:07 p.m. PST

THose are very cool, thanks for the link. Are the figures in multiple pieces so that they can be posed differently to add more variety?

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 6:19 a.m. PST

Many are though for the most part the heads, hands and weapons are variable. Torso's are one piece.

Many come with different hands and weapons.

Chris P.

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 11:44 a.m. PST

Thanks Chris. You are going to have some work ahead of you putting together 40mm DOB armies! I am finishing up 2 feudal armies in 28mm and that takes long enough. Those 40mm figs might be great for a feudal variant of Dux Brit though.

Allen

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 2:16 p.m. PST

Actually these are for my new skr. level game called Le Morte d'Arthur. Units are 3 to 8 men. I'm using a lot of the DoB systems. I haven't done any announcements yet but I do have a partial battle report on my DoB Forum.

Chris

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 2:42 p.m. PST

Actually it wouldn't be bad. Day of Battle like alot of other games now like Impetus don't do a fixed figure ratio. I could base them like DBx units and I think they'd still look imposing. I have done Day of Battle armies in 54mm and 90mm figures.

For La Morte all foot units will be the equivalent to two DBa stands in figures. Mounted will be one DBa stand worth of figures.

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP27 Nov 2012 3:01 p.m. PST

I like systems that have sabot bases as well. I have a couple of copies of your rules (older ones with the black cover and the newest ones), but have not played them. Hope to get to it some day. I have a nice Hudson and Allen castle with a done of extras already painted and ready to go and need to put a skirmish game together one of these days. Let me know when your rules are ready.

Allen

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP28 Nov 2012 8:47 a.m. PST

I will and i love those castles :)

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP16 Jan 2013 5:22 p.m. PST

I have posted a lot of new pics on my Day of Battle Forum. Here is a link to that page.

link

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP17 Jan 2013 7:43 p.m. PST

Very cool Chris, nice work

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP26 Jan 2013 9:17 a.m. PST

Thank you. I a not a detail oriented painter so they paint very fast. Helps me get the basic rabble done.

greenknight4 Sponsoring Member of TMP04 Feb 2013 6:24 p.m. PST

Finshed my 40mm armies and just in time for Game day next weekend in Bath Maine.

dayofbattle.com/40mm.html

picture

picture

dayofbattle.com/40mm.html

Thank you for looking

Chris

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.