Help support TMP

"Austria 1809 New terrain mat, home made using garden cloth" Topic

6 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

840 hits since 25 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Joe Fish25 Nov 2012 7:14 a.m. PST

While getting ready for Ellis Con this year, I decided to try something different for the terrain set up. Using some of a 100 foot roll of garden cloth, a black plastic material used to underlay in gardens, I produced a game mat for an 1809 Austria scenario. You can see the final results on my blog at:

link

Personal logo Gonsalvo Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2012 10:21 a.m. PST

I have to say that the game mat looks great, Joe. Just crying out for a game to be played on it!

Gemini Serpentes25 Nov 2012 11:38 a.m. PST

nice stuff!

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP25 Nov 2012 12:09 p.m. PST

This looks very good. Can you give us more information on this garden mat material I'm not familiar with it. Did you paint the roades end the rivers onto the map itself or are they overlaid.

Personal logo Extra Crispy Sponsoring Member of TMP25 Nov 2012 2:50 p.m. PST

I think it's very close to this stuff:

link

I did a similar thing using a canvas tarp:

link

Looking back I would definitely spring for a few ore bucks and do flocking to break up that green.

Personal logo Bobgnar Supporting Member of TMP26 Nov 2012 11:45 a.m. PST

EC thanks for the suggestions, nice job on the canvas. $7 USD seems like a good price. That garden mat is $186 USD for 6' by 250' Enough for 20 of my tables. Joe says he got 100 feet. How much was that?

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.