Help support TMP

"RF-2 game in Goulburn " Topic

19 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the WWII Battle Reports Message Board

Back to the Australian Wargaming Message Board

569 hits since 13 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 4:13 p.m. PST

played yesterday..somewhere in NW europe 1944( Well somewhere in Goulburn NSW 2012)
link
A few shots from the game

picture

link

brucka13 Nov 2012 5:07 p.m. PST

Thanks for pics and inspiration to keep collecting for RF.

What size bases do you use for your (Valiant?)infantry?
[I'm looking to base mine individually so can be used for Skirmish games and RF].

trailape Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 6:09 p.m. PST

Nice looking game. Thanks for sharing.

earthad Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 6:24 p.m. PST

Wow! Goulburn has a big sheep and war gaming?

Nice table 8)

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 6:40 p.m. PST

Yep the Big sheep doesn't do all that much gaming however.

Shark Six Three Zero Inactive Member13 Nov 2012 6:42 p.m. PST

I have not played RF2 in years. Your report brings back memories. I may have to break out the rules after reading your AAR.

Personal logo Paint Pig Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 10:30 p.m. PST

Awesome looking game thumbs up

huh? …..is the aar in pidgeon jinglish wink

regards
dave

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 2:32 a.m. PST

what is an aaar?

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 2:35 a.m. PST

as for basing all individuals based on 5c coins, weapon multiples other coins, bits of cardboard ,any old plastic lying around

whoa Mohamed14 Nov 2012 6:56 a.m. PST

AAR means After Action Report…..Very nice fig and table

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 1:42 p.m. PST

I thought it was some pirate thing..I think agr (after game report) is more appropriate. If we must use jargon then let it be rflective of what actually happened.
pidgin English. My Nana was quite fluent in several New Guinean versions.Sometimes at Christmas time she might get a bit tipsy and lapse into it for much of the afternoon, or that's how I remember it.For those who are interested in pidgin, and creole try:
link
link

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 1:42 p.m. PST

Aiming to get a game a week in on the table..

Personal logo Paint Pig Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 5:08 p.m. PST

AAR means After Action Report…..Very nice fig and table

He knows exactly what it means whoa Mohamed, quite the attention seeker is our Hawkwood. winkwink

regards
dave

ps another game, don't forget to play fair with Rhino this time thumbs up

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 8:10 p.m. PST

minding your own business would be my advice PP

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 8:12 p.m. PST

Hey, my first stifling experience!

Personal logo Paint Pig Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 9:27 p.m. PST

minding your own business would be my advice PP

Umm, it's a forum ….a public forum which you posted in, so your advice seems a little redundant. I believe Bill gets to make up the rules here!

Hey, my first stifling experience!

huh? I dont believe that, I'm sure you have been stifled heaps wink

regards
dave laugh

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 10:20 p.m. PST

works a treat, can't see a thing he says..wonderful.. I recommend it to all.No doubt the rest of you are enjoying his prattlings

Personal logo Sparker Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 11:53 p.m. PST

Yep – pretty much!

Personal logo Cardinal Hawkwood Supporting Member of TMP15 Nov 2012 12:46 a.m. PST

Well I truly am pleased about that.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.