Help support TMP

"Pirate buckets at Toys R Us (on sale)." Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Plastic Army Men Message Board

847 hits since 13 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 9:15 a.m. PST

I went to TRU to check things out for kids' Christmas gifts, as well as to see what I could use for gaming (naturally). They have three sets of "True Heroes" buckets, one each of pirates, old west and "moderns." I picked up a couple of the pirates buckets (buy one, get one 50% off this week).

A basic bucket is $12.99 USD and you get some palm trees, a few rocks, a few treasure chests, barrels and crates, a row boat and a very small row boat (could be used with much smaller figs), as well as a stand alone cage and some type of plank and beam observation platform. The pirates (most of them) appear to be of the Elizabethan era with a mix of matchlocks and handweapons. You get 24 figs ranging from 40-45 mm from foot to eye. You also get 24 skeletons (medieveal types, pretty much), ranging in size from 45-49m from foot to eye socket. The skeletons are noticably bigger than the pirates, however both groups scale well with like figures. These appear to be the same skeletons that used to be for sale on Amazon but are no longer available in their old packing. Doubling them up with pirates appears to be their new permutation.

I see a lot of potential in this set.

Personal logo CeruLucifus Supporting Member of TMP13 Nov 2012 12:48 p.m. PST

Sounds like a set my 7-year-old got a year ago, or maybe two. He loves it.

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 12:42 p.m. PST

I painted a bunch for my Son when he turned 4 last year. They do paint up nicely. Surprisingly nice looking figures. They are 54mm figures (about). I ended up buying the skeleton set and the pirate set separately…not the bucket which may not have existed back then.

79thPA Supporting Member of TMP14 Nov 2012 7:19 p.m. PST

I think the bucket is new packaging, however I was checking on Amazon and you can get smaller bags of these same pirates and skeletons.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.