Help support TMP

"Black Powder Waterloo OOB" Topic

5 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Napoleonics Scenarios Message Board

Back to the Napoleonic Discussion Message Board

925 hits since 8 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

mpanko Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2012 12:41 p.m. PST

I am working on D'Erlon's assualt at Waterloo and building out units at the BN scale to use for convention games in '13. As I do this I am finding quite a wide spread on the end strengths amongst the numbers for each BN/CAV REGT.

For instance the British Life Guards and a couple French cuirassier regiments are half the size of most other horse regiments so I am going to class them as small. Now to me this seems like it makes sense. Well when I got to the French Guard Cavalry I found that the size of the regments were 900-1200 strong!

So my question for those that have been here before – would you make the units 'large' for BP or make two regular size units to account for units like the Guard cavalry regiments?

Thanks

Mike

Ligniere Sponsoring Member of TMP08 Nov 2012 1:01 p.m. PST

I don't use BP, but you should split the larger French Guard cavalry, and operate them as two separate units.

npm

Sparker08 Nov 2012 1:35 p.m. PST

Yes that would be quite historical – the OG French 1st Regiments, Horse Grenadiers, Empress Dragoons, and Chasseurs were commanded by, as opposed to Honorary Colonel IC, Brigadier Generals so I think they were fielded as Brigades…

dwight shrute08 Nov 2012 2:33 p.m. PST

Had similar issues converting GDB scenario books over to BP . I gave them 2 units and resisted the large tempation .

Maxshadow Supporting Member of TMP08 Nov 2012 5:30 p.m. PST

My inclination would be to field as large.
Because
A: a few less figures to collect and paint
B: Thats how I field Austrian units of that size
C: You won't have to invent a new name for them.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.