Help support TMP

"Knuckleduster 28mm Old West building sets" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Terrain and Scenics Message Board

Back to The Old West Message Board

790 hits since 5 Nov 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Terrement Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 8:21 a.m. PST

A new vendor has thrown their hat into the ring with "Shotgun" Forrest Harris notic today of his company's set of OW structures.

NOVEMBER 5, 2012

Big news today! Knuckleduster is releasing a comprehensive line of Old West Buildings in 28mm. They are laser-cut wood building kits manufactured by Tri-City Laser of Forest City, North Carolina, and they feature full interiors, including interior walls, stairs, store counters and shelves, and in many cases, items of furniture.

knuckleduster.com

Haven't had a chance to "test drive" one yet, but the intro looks very nice and a worthy addition to what we already have available.

JJ

45thdiv Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 9:27 a.m. PST

Interesting stuff.

CPBelt Inactive Member05 Nov 2012 10:00 a.m. PST

Oh man, I love these. Thanks for letting us know, JJ.

Tom Reed Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 11:15 a.m. PST

I've got to order one of these so I can see how they fit with the stuff I already have.

mjkerner Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 11:23 a.m. PST

Just got a box from Tri-City on Friday. They look good and easy to assemble.

Personal logo Doctor X Supporting Member of TMP05 Nov 2012 5:45 p.m. PST

Suggestion for Knuckleduster – even though you have a figure for scale in the picture add building dimensions.

jgibbons05 Nov 2012 6:15 p.m. PST

Thanks for the heads up…

Rifleman Harris Sponsoring Member of TMP06 Nov 2012 4:37 a.m. PST

Doc-excellent idea; I'll get to measurin'.

Disco Joe07 Nov 2012 8:56 a.m. PST

They look pretty good.

DanLewisTN Inactive Member08 Nov 2012 11:33 a.m. PST

Those are really nice. They are going on my cjristmas list.

TurnStyle04 Dec 2012 5:46 a.m. PST

Hey guys,

I just saw this – I happen to be buddies with the guy who works for Tri-City Laser who designs these. If you need to know anything, let me know.

He does great work. I'd prefer MDF over the wood he uses (personal preference) but the buildings are spectacular.

I have some pictures in the other thread (some old west game pictures) --- you can see a lot of his earlier stuff. His current stuff is very much improved, and includes interiors, and furniture etc.

It's good stuff. I have a whole slew of his promo stuff I'm working on (read: painting poorly). The stuff I have is older and more simple though.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.