Help support TMP

"6mm FUBAR Mars continues..." Topic

11 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the SF Battle Reports Message Board

561 hits since 30 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

greg95430 Oct 2012 4:03 a.m. PST

Okay the story so far….
Special Assault Battalion for Reconnaissance and Enforcement (SABRE) are on manoeuvres with the newly formed RDFM (Regional Defence Force of Mars). Earmarked to replace them once they leave.

On their patrol route they decide to pass by one of the many resupply depots that Mars has. But there's something wrong. An outpost like this should be bustling with activity, vehicles being refuelled and serviced, goods being purchased and exchanged, but nothing. Where is everyone?

The game board;

SABRE's Ramjack and the new RDFM Pathfinder pass by some very interesting wildlife.

They arrive at the depot and dismount. Within seconds both squads are searching the area….Nothing.

RDFM move onto the shanty settlement to the south. Again, no sign of movement………

Unknown to both teams, eyes are watching……Some Merc's hiding in cover to the north.

AAR to follow so stay turned to find out the outcome….
What has happened to the people?
Who are those Merc's and what are they up to?
Will the RDFM in the shanty town uncover anything?

Angel Barracks30 Oct 2012 4:13 a.m. PST

oooh I like the conversion of the Xmarx truck to make it big enough to carry a Hex2Go container.
The grenade building has come out well too.

Also really like that your basing is almost invisible, blends very well into the game board!

Cool bananas.

Oh and I see you opted to mound the Pathfinder Rangers turret on the other side.
I have done that on my other one too!

Stern Rake Studio Supporting Member of TMP30 Oct 2012 6:09 a.m. PST

Great looking set-up! I love the vehicles!

Ted

earthad Supporting Member of TMP30 Oct 2012 6:15 a.m. PST

very cool and awesome!

Legion 430 Oct 2012 7:44 a.m. PST

Very nice ! thumbs up

sharkbait30 Oct 2012 8:00 a.m. PST

Looking very nice!

Personal logo MrHarold Sponsoring Member of TMP30 Oct 2012 12:11 p.m. PST

Great looking board and minis!

SteelonSand30 Oct 2012 12:20 p.m. PST

Excellent – can't wait to see more – fantastically detailed painting all round – funnily enough, I especially like the job you did with the Angel Barrack's barricades – really good!

greg95430 Oct 2012 2:50 p.m. PST

Thanks people, glad you all liked it. Should have the AAR up soon.

oooh I like the conversion of the Xmarx truck to make it big enough to carry a Hex2Go container.

For so reason, I just had to get a Hex2Go container on an Xmarx truck.

The grenade building has come out well too.

Slowly getting better. The rest, of the grenades I used for my WW3 table. As a junkers yard/shanty resupply depot.

Also really like that your basing is almost invisible, blends very well into the game board!

The later bases I've done a much better job. Still not that great a painting infantry though.

Cool bananas.

Oh, you mean the fuel hoses?

greg95404 Nov 2012 6:18 a.m. PST

The RDFM start to search the buildings….then suddenly…….

‘What the hell are those things?'
‘They're Jurapeds. Don't you watch wildlife on Mars?
They're quite simple creatures really…bit like you Private….simple.'

They continue to search the next building….as the first Trooper enters the building something stirs…aaahhhhrrr!

Luckily, the RDFM have the activation and decide to make a quick withdraw to the safety of their PathFinder. Which also activates and wastes no time in putting down covering fire from the grenade MG.

Meanwhile the SABRE squad duck for cover behind some Hex2Go containers as a HE shell comes from nowhere and slams into the fuel depot causing an inferno.

They decide to process south and link up with the RDFM coming from the shanty town. Unfortunately the RDFM aren't the only ones coming from the town. It's those unidentified creatures again and they don't look friendly. The SABRE squad are taken by complete surprise at the sight of these things.

The RDFM squad get an activation and exit their PathFinder to quickly provide covering fire for their comrades. Which sends the creatures reeling back into the shanty town for shelter.

But there's no rest bit. On the next turn an unknown vehicle breaks cover. It's a tank hunter! That one must have been responsible for destroying the fuel depot. Furthermore, a squad of armed men are advancing down from the right. What's going on?

The RDFM waste to time and get a bead on the tank with their rocket launcher.

WHOOOOSH……BOOM!

The rocket impacts and rips the front off-side track of the tank off. Immobilising it instantly.

Things don't go any better for the Merc squad. Before they could reach the cover, both the Ramjack and the PathFinder open fire. Killing 2 of the 5 merc's. Seeing their tank immobilised and 2 comrades killed they decide to surrender to the RDFM.

The information from the captured merc's proves useful. It turns out that the unidentified creatures hiding in the shanty town are Razor Worms. Generically engineered bio-weapons made by Bio-Tec industries. They were taken here and used on the people living and working the fuel depot as a testing ground. Razor Worms are supposed to be the ultimate bio-weapon. As for the tank that was here to oversee the project.

As the RDFM move and surround the shanty town to contain the Razor worms. They bring in a Camel, a bio containment unit. Equipped with a bio pathogen to eradicate the Worm infestation.

Angel Barracks04 Nov 2012 11:38 a.m. PST

Ah-ha, I was going to put red and green lights on my Camel too!
Great minds and all that?!

Razor Worms, that makes sense given the other creatures.
I may have to negotiate using that name!
;)

So, anyway basically, what you are saying is that the RDF(M) kicked butt?
Shame they never got to use their chainsaws on them worms though!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.