Help support TMP

"SYW - FIW - 28mm French and British Infantry" Topic

4 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the 18th Century Gallery Message Board

536 hits since 23 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

BigHagar Inactive Member23 Oct 2012 6:10 a.m. PST

Hi

My first go at this period.

Painted up two figures for the French and two for the British side from the Crusader range using the dip. I believe they turned up ok.

link

link

link

Still need to work the base and will probably matt varnish them.

Comments, please!

Cheers
Alex

Hitman23 Oct 2012 7:50 a.m. PST

Those look great. I really like the off white colour on the British figures in particular. Thanks for sharing.
Regards,
Hitman

BigE4NFL Supporting Member of TMP23 Oct 2012 7:58 a.m. PST

Alex, they look great. The French one particular appeals to me! That is great also to see what the Crusader range looks like painted as I am looking to get back into the period.

Thanks!

Erik

BigHagar Inactive Member23 Oct 2012 8:35 a.m. PST

Thank you!

Hitman: I tried to get away from the "whites" as much as I could as the dip tends to get them "dirtier" than I would like.

Erik: The Crusader miniatures paint really well. Being on the "chunkier" side of 28mm it made easy the task of picking out buttons and small details. Highly recommend them altough the range is very small.

To add variety to the armies, I will buy some from Redoubt as the ranges should mix well.

Cheers
Alex

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.