Help support TMP

"Otterburn 'Scots Spears' 1388" Topic

14 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the British Wargaming Message Board

Back to the Medieval Gallery Message Board

Action Log

22 Oct 2012 8:08 a.m. PST
by Editor in Chief Bill

• Removed from Painting board

698 hits since 21 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Olddorg Inactive Member22 Oct 2012 7:44 a.m. PST

A few Claymore Castings Scots spearmen which will be used for my next unit. Progress on my 'Otterburn' collection and other pics on my blog at: themetalmountain.blogspot.com

I think my previous post of this got lost in cyber-space as I was having difficulty posting it!!

Thanks for looking.

Olddorg

Personal logo Editor in Chief Bill The Editor of TMP Fezian22 Oct 2012 8:08 a.m. PST

Direct link: link

Captain DEwell22 Oct 2012 11:16 a.m. PST

I really like the colours you have used.

Your painting skills and Claymore Castings figures compliment each other so very well.

Terrific.

thumbs up

(On a separate note, I think it incredibly sad that of the 100+ TMPers who have viewed your thread and seen your work only The Editor has seen fit to offer any praise or support)

Personal logo rampantlion Supporting Member of TMP22 Oct 2012 11:32 a.m. PST

Great work, puts my painting work on Scots army that I am putting together to shame.

MajorB22 Oct 2012 1:30 p.m. PST

Spiffy!

nsolomon99 Supporting Member of TMP22 Oct 2012 4:23 p.m. PST

They look great, well done – keep going.

Prince Alberts Revenge22 Oct 2012 6:42 p.m. PST

Very nice stuff. Was going to compliment you on your choice of colors. They are colorful but also "drab" in a way to make you feel like those are pigments that would be accurate for the period.

Porthos23 Oct 2012 2:31 a.m. PST

Fantastic ! Thank you for showing – I immediately bookmarked it for future reference to ideas for medieval painting !

Personal logo Cheriton Supporting Member of TMP23 Oct 2012 5:13 a.m. PST

Captain:

(On a separate note, I think it incredibly sad that of the 100+ TMPers who have viewed your thread and seen your work only The Editor has seen fit to offer any praise or support)

You are absolutely correct. As I have a bunch of these figures I was glad to see this thread and I do thank Olddorg for posting. I too like the "drab" effect, I seem to have a deal of trouble myself not ending up with convincing colors combinations in "irregular" troops.

Perhaps it is a bit of burn out from "kudos saturation" and laziness on my part. I probably simply assumed Olddorg's efforts would receive appropriate support. I am duly chastened. old fart

BTW, where did you come up with the "100+ views"? I have often wondered how many a given thread has gotten. Yet another brain pffft in my missing something "in plain view here"? evil grin

Anway, cheers to Olddorg and the others who keep us all inspired here. thumbs up

Cheers,

guinness

Olddorg Inactive Member23 Oct 2012 7:32 a.m. PST

Thanks for the comments and concern over the number of responses. Although I really appreciate and enjoy your feedback I am in no way a glory hunter! I simply post to make people aware of figures currently available and how they look when I've painted them.

I hope to give inspiration to others as many, many others have done for me. I genuinely believe I would never have been able to produce the results I get without the tips, advice and inspiration I have received from other painters over the years.

Re: the hits count. I wasn't aware this was available on this site but looking more closely (bottom of the left hand column of text) there it is for all to see.

Many thanks to the editor for getting this post going however!

Olddorg

lilbow7323 Oct 2012 10:20 a.m. PST

Hi Olddorg.Fantastic painting and love your website.What colour do you use for the wood? lilbow73

Personal logo Cheriton Supporting Member of TMP23 Oct 2012 1:46 p.m. PST

Re: the hits count. I wasn't aware this was available on this site but looking more closely (bottom of the left hand column of text) there it is for all to see.

As I suspected, "hidden in plain sight", and I have never noticed in nearly a decade!

Brain pffft…

guinness

Captain DEwell23 Oct 2012 2:16 p.m. PST

I probably simply assumed Olddorg's efforts would receive appropriate support. I am duly chastened

You, oh course old boy, are honourably exonerated from my earlier gripe.

These are fantastic figures and Olddorg's colour choice and talent are a marvel.

Olddorg, I know you are not 'glory hunting' and I did not wish to give that impression. Absolutely fabulous.

Littlearmies10 Nov 2012 4:27 p.m. PST

Olddorg – love the muted colour choices – very nice work all round. Excellent stuff.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.