Help support TMP

"DBA Arable terrain - new style" Topic

12 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the DBx Message Board

697 hits since 20 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 1:15 p.m. PST

I have posted a series of photos of my latest revised terrain pieces for DBA 3.0. Part were shown in an earlier post here labeled Ploughland or plough using the DBA term.

There are more than enough terrain pieces for "Giant" DBA played on a 4 x 6 foot board. Missing in photos, but are completed, are hills, woods, rivers and roads.

link

Cheers,

Munster Inactive Member20 Oct 2012 2:12 p.m. PST

Looks great, any how to suggestions :)

MajorB Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 2:36 p.m. PST

They're excellent. What sizes are they?

Personal logo Ivan DBA Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 3:53 p.m. PST

Very nice.

Personal logo Who asked this joker Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 4:04 p.m. PST

I agreed. Very nice!

Personal logo Brigadier General Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 5:22 p.m. PST

Very nice.

Mr Pumblechook20 Oct 2012 6:18 p.m. PST

That looks good!

If I had to guess, pan scourer painted brown/grey topped with woodland scenics type crumb foliage.

The fiberous pan scourer gives the impression of the dense stems below the foliage. I'll have to try it myself.

Personal logo Inari7 Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 9:36 p.m. PST

Yes, how did you make them?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP20 Oct 2012 10:38 p.m. PST

Thanks for your kind comments.

The terrain features are for 15mm DB(X) and HOTT use.

The "how to" are postings scattered between my two blogs, but you can find other terrain projects by checking the Index at 18th Century Sojourn.

Hamlet
Post 1: link
Post 2: link
Post 3: link

Hedges
link

Fields
link

Cheers,

By the way, the small trees growing between the hedges are dried grape stems. The natural colour requires no painting, but layering the Woodland Scenics foliage is much easier than with twigs.

MajorB Supporting Member of TMP21 Oct 2012 7:00 a.m. PST

Ah, thank you. I see you have made them 3 x 6 BW and 4 x 5 BW. I wonder though why you have made them only the maximum possible size? Wouldn't it make sense to have some smaller ones, so as to reduce the effect of possible bad going should it become so?

Personal logo timurilank Supporting Member of TMP21 Oct 2012 9:31 a.m. PST

Actually, the 1 in 6 chance that plough does become muddy is not great a problem. It becomes "rough" going which is not to be confused with "bad" going.

Rough going terrain would only slow movement, but is not a tactical factor as bad going. As bow can move 1 BW and shoot, an effective line can still be presented to an enemy's front.

More importantly, it looks prettier.
Cheers,

Yesthatphil22 Oct 2012 8:12 p.m. PST

Yes, splendid stuff thumbs up!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.