Help support TMP

"Airbrush Set" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Painting Message Board

Back to the WWII Painting Guides Message Board

591 hits since 9 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

GrandKenyon8410 Oct 2012 11:31 a.m. PST

Hi there,
My other half is looking to buy me an airbrush set for my upcoming birthday, It would be used for mainly 15 and 28mm projects. I know i need a dual action airbrush and thats about it.
I am looking for product surggestions(including an airbrush and compressor) advice and retailers in the UK as to what would be best to get for my needs?
Thanks

shaun from s and s models Supporting Member of TMP10 Oct 2012 1:29 p.m. PST

i got one from lidl a week or so ago, only £39.00 GBP, well worth getting if they still have one.
ideal starter compressor to play with.

ancientsgamer Supporting Member of TMP10 Oct 2012 2:12 p.m. PST

I have heard nothing but good things about Iwata airbrushes.
Can't recommend a retailer your way though. Get an air compressor with a separate tank with a regulator and a moisture trap (may need to by this component separately). Running straight from a compressor is not as smooth as running from a tank (constant pressure)

SpleenRippa10 Oct 2012 4:10 p.m. PST

I recently bought a Badger Renegade Velocity and it's been amazing so far. Lovely finish, dual-action and a .21mm needle that will let you do pencil lines for ~$100. Go read some reviews!
Of course, the Iwata and Paasche guys will make fun of you…

TCP Global might ship to you for a reasonable rate. This poor Canuck got his brush from them.

Petrov Inactive Member11 Oct 2012 5:21 a.m. PST

I am using a grex tritium. It has a pistol grip which is more comfortable for me (go figure a gun nut prefers a pistol grip).

ancientsgamer Supporting Member of TMP11 Oct 2012 5:54 a.m. PST

Badgers are great. I wouldn't make fun of anyone using them as they have some great pro stuff. As a matter of fact, some of the Paasche stuff isn't as good as the upper end Badger stuff. I didn't recommend Badger as he is in the UK and I wasn't sure of availability. Iwata seems to be available everywhere.

A Different Jim Inactive Member11 Oct 2012 7:06 a.m. PST

I started an airbrush thread in this forum. Lots of good information on uses there.

Personal logo elsyrsyn Supporting Member of TMP11 Oct 2012 10:28 a.m. PST

As I've mentioned in numerous threads on the subject, I really like the Testors A4709 set.

Doug

TamsinP Supporting Member of TMP13 Oct 2012 7:22 a.m. PST

Badger airbrushes are available from Shesto in the UK as well as a few others. I think Shesto carry the full range, as well as other manufacturers.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.