Help support TMP

"Bag "o" Skeletons, bags "o" potential or bag "o" crap?" Topic

10 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Fantasy Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Plastic Army Men Message Board

Back to the Plastic Figures Message Board

Back to the Blogs of War Message Board

Back to the Warhammer Message Board

1,775 hits since 1 Oct 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Kyn ell01 Oct 2012 4:59 p.m. PST

I have just done an review article on the Bag "o" Skeletons by twilight creations, and wondered what everyone else thinks of them for use in warhammer fantasy battle wargaming and other games (Like Kings of war etc)or for dungeon adventures and so on, other than the board game they are designed for. Has anyone bought some and used them? or just thinks they are crappy?!

thegrinningskull.wordpress.com/2012/10/01/twilight-creations-bag-o-skeletons-so-many-uses

Wolfshanza Inactive Member01 Oct 2012 5:12 p.m. PST

Bought a bag a few years ago. Used a few for horde in an undead HOTT army. Also used the skulls, like you did. I think it was a bargain ? grin

Personal logo Sgt Slag Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 6:35 p.m. PST

I purchased a Bag O' Zombie Dogs, from Amazon.com, over a year ago. I have them primed, but I have not put anything else on them yet. They're great for my fantasy RPG, and my fantasy battle games. In my RPG world, everybody burns the dead, to prevent undead… Except for dogs. What's a Necromancer to do? Raise dogs for his army, of course.

Here is the link: link

I also purchased a set of 54mm Skeletons, off of Amazon.com, sold as a children's toy: link They make fantastic Giant Skeletons. These, I have completed for gaming. I used the plastic's color, a yellowish-ivory, as the bone color; I painted the non-bone areas, then applied The Dip technique, followed by a clear, matte coating. They look great, cost very little money, and they expanded my undead armies, quickly, easily, and affordably. Cheers!

miniMo Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 7:38 p.m. PST

I've painted up hundreds of TC's Zombies and Dogs. But was greatly disappointed with the scale creep making their skellies incompatibly large with the others.

Personal logo McWong73 Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 7:54 p.m. PST

Bag o'crap, no question. Weird sculpt, crap plastic – perfect for what they are…actually not sure what they are for…but crap for wargaming. YMMV.

SECURITY MINISTER CRITTER Inactive Member01 Oct 2012 8:07 p.m. PST

I got the Zombies and the zombie females. I think it was a good deal.

Personal logo McWong73 Supporting Member of TMP01 Oct 2012 8:44 p.m. PST

The Zombies are a good buy.

Wolfprophet01 Oct 2012 10:55 p.m. PST

I love their zombies. Too small for most 28s, but hey. Who cares? They're close enough and make a fine representation.

Having seen skeletons in person though, yeah, I do not care for them. Wouldn't call them outright crap, but I'd never use 'em.

Kyn ell02 Oct 2012 7:41 a.m. PST

Thanks for the comments everyone, I have been trying to get some of the normal zombies for ages with no luck (only the clowns, babes and dogs were what I could find) but eventually I will get a bag or two of each. Having a look around I found that Twilight creations do all sorts of plastic figures including Martians (in 3 poses) and demons (several different sculpts) but it doesn't seem like their shop is working at this time as it says the store has been suspended! i think I will send them an email to see if the other stuff comes in bags of 100 to buy
Heres a pic compared to the zombies:
boardgamegeek.com/image/499108/martians and some pics of the demons here: bunkermeister.blogspot.co.uk/2011/05/twilight-creations-demons.html

Little Big Wars Inactive Member02 Oct 2012 11:06 a.m. PST

I also purchased a set of 54mm Skeletons, off of Amazon.com, sold as a children's toy: link They make fantastic Giant Skeletons. These, I have completed for gaming. I used the plastic's color, a yellowish-ivory, as the bone color; I painted the non-bone areas, then applied The Dip technique, followed by a clear, matte coating. They look great, cost very little money, and they expanded my undead armies, quickly, easily, and affordably. Cheers!

Those have got to be Tomb Kings of Khemri skeleton knock-offs. The sculpts are almost bang on for that.

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.