Help support TMP

"Eureka post-1991 15mmm Russians (Federation)." Topic

13 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion Message Board

540 hits since 19 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP19 Sep 2012 10:00 p.m. PST

Greetings. I noticed that this mini line got released without much publicity. I thought they deserved a second look for those that might have missed them. They represent Ultra Modern Russian Federation troops circa 1991-2001. If you ignore the helmet and body armor changes (hardly noticeable in 15mm!) these can serve all the way up to the present time.

The complete line of minis is listed below. Ill post pictures as they become available. I only have a few samples so far but they look great!

It should be noted that Eureka is currently hard at work cranking out a matching line of 15mm Chechens to compliment the Russian line.

If your already familiar with or own these, sorry for the oldish news.

Both lines can be ordered from Eureka in Australia or the US store:

Russian Federation:

300MOD01 12.7mm heavy mg on tripod with 2 Russian crew
300MOD02 Automatic grenade launcher with 2 Russian crew
300MOD03 82mm mortar with 2 Russian crew (1)
300MOD04 Russian infantry, firing or advancing with AK-74 (6)
300MOD05 Russian infantry firing AK-74 w underslung grenade launcher (2)
300MOD06 Russian infantry firing RPG-7 (2)
300MOD07 Russian infantry firing RPG-18 (2)
300MOD08 Russian infantry firing SVD sniper rifle (2)
300MOD09 Russian infantry firing or advancing with Light machine gun (4)
300MOD10 Russian infantry officer (1)
300MOD15 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing or advancing with AK-74 (6)
300MOD16 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing AK-74
w underslung grenade launcher (2)
300MOD17 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing RPG-7 (2)
300MOD18 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing RPG-18 (2)
300MOD19 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing SVD sniper rifle (2)
300MOD20 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet, firing or advancing with Light machine gun (4)
300MOD25 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet and visor, firing or advancing with AK-74 (6)
300MOD26 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet and visor, firing AK-74 w underslung grenade launcher (2)
300MOD27 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet and visor, firing RPG-18 (1)
300MOD28 Russian MVD infantry, maska helmet and visor, firing or advancing with Light machine gun (3)

(Pictures borrowed from TMP user "Barks")

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

picture

link
link

Fighting 15s20 Sep 2012 1:51 a.m. PST

I noticed that this mini line got released without much publicity

Actually it has not yet been officially released. AFAIK it was available at Historicon as advance releases.

Eureka's own newsletter from 18 September sums it up:

15mm Modern Russians
Master moulds have been made for the 54 figures in this range which includes both regular troops and the MVD. As soon as we have completed the final production moulds a letter will be going out to everyone who has pre-ordered from the 300 Club. It is not too late sign up if you would like to be included in this project, please just register your interest here.

Keen eyed readers will also spot that we have added the Chechen rebels to the In Production list of the 300 Club. Kosta Heristanidis has prepared the brief for Alan Marsh to sculpt, and these figures should be delivered to us in the next six weeks. Again, everyone who has pre-ordered will be receiving a prospectus about the range shortly.

A note to our international customers, please direct all 100 and 300 Club orders directly to Eureka in Australia. This scheme is not available through our agents. Our agents will stock the figures once they have been officially released, this can be anywhere up to six months after their despatch to Club members.

Ian

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2012 2:45 a.m. PST

"next six weeks"

Good to know! Thanks Ian!

von pumpernickel20 Sep 2012 5:44 a.m. PST

It's worth noting that these are a bit smaller than Peter Pig 15s, and would probably go best with some of the QRF figures. I'm now waiting for the Chechen release to add some irregular opposition.

Louie N Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2012 9:54 a.m. PST

I don't think they are that much smaller than Peter Pig.

I have a comparison shot with a Peter Pig AK 47 regular and I think they work quite well.

TMP link

Check out the picture. Enjoy

Thanks

kyotebluer than blue Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2012 11:17 a.m. PST

Hum..

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP20 Sep 2012 11:42 a.m. PST

Thanks for the pic Louie!

von pumpernickel20 Sep 2012 12:54 p.m. PST

Well nearly all my PP AK47 figs are much more nourished and about half to 2/3s a head taller – might be ok for some but not me :(

Altius Inactive Member20 Sep 2012 1:14 p.m. PST

Those are great! I'm doing Russians now.

Barks120 Sep 2012 9:22 p.m. PST

I had a short yarn with Nic earlier this year- he mentioned he's frequently asked if his ranges 'match' with X, Y, Z ranges etc. He told me his answer is that they're sculpted to be 15mm, and that he often receives feedback that they 'match' well with PP.

Note the top pic of AK armed troops (300MOD04)- there's height difference between the figures, they're not all clones.

I think that they're gorgeous sculpts, and hope to get painted shots up before the end of October.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP21 Sep 2012 2:02 p.m. PST

Couldnt agree more Barks. Cant wait to see your painted troops.

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP25 Sep 2012 12:36 p.m. PST

Just ordered my first platoon including 3 support weapons. Will be painting them up with some QRF BTR's for first Chechen War.

My next purchase will probably be MVD's troops. Ill also be using the basic Russians for Uzbekistan regular military vrs. Islamic Insurgents:
link
link

Uesugi Kenshin Supporting Member of TMP02 Oct 2012 1:51 p.m. PST

Great news. I heard from a birdie the Chechens may be released sooner than thought!

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.