Help support TMP

"AAV-7A1 Comparisons" Topic

9 Posts

All members in good standing are free to post here. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the posters, and have not been cleared with nor are they endorsed by The Miniatures Page.

For more information, see the TMP FAQ.

Back to the Cold War (1946-1989) Message Board

Back to the Modern Product Reviews Message Board

Back to the Modern Discussion (1946 to 2004) Message Board

750 hits since 11 Sep 2012
©1994-2014 Bill Armintrout
Comments or corrections?

werwulf Inactive Member11 Sep 2012 1:15 p.m. PST

Posted a quick review or Irish Reb's and QRF's AAV-7A1 on the blog.

werwulfswarroom.blogspot.ca

Thanks to Irish Reb. and Geoff at QRF for the mini's.

Personal logo Murphy Sponsoring Member of TMP11 Sep 2012 2:41 p.m. PST

Not bad…I'm looking forward to picking up a couple of these…

Rubber Suit Theatre11 Sep 2012 2:44 p.m. PST

Hard to tell, but the metal one may actually be an AAV-C7 instead of an AAV-P7. It replaces the turret with another hatch like the one behind the driver. It uses a rather useless external pintle for armament.

The original suspension lacked return rollers (Christie suspension, to be pedantic). They went to a Bradley suspension (different track type as well) and moved the muffler outside the hull around 2000 or so.

Yeah, it's esoteric, but I operated the cantankerous beasts (being older than their operators, they've developed individual personalities) from 1995-1998.

JARROVIAN Supporting Member of TMP11 Sep 2012 4:22 p.m. PST

I think you'll find his name is Irish Serb and not Reb. His models are excellent.

werwulf Inactive Member11 Sep 2012 6:00 p.m. PST

Ha! Dyslexia is a bitch. Regardless his Amtrack is great!

Louie N11 Sep 2012 7:59 p.m. PST

A good review and comparison. Thank you for posting.

Eleve de Vauban12 Sep 2012 5:54 a.m. PST

Very interesting – thank you

ScottS05 Oct 2012 12:47 p.m. PST

Yeah, it's esoteric, but I operated the cantankerous beasts (being older than their operators, they've developed individual personalities) from 1995-1998.

Who were you with?

A Co. 1st tracks, followed by Schools Bn here. I was a crew chief at Schools in '95, we may have crossed paths…

Lion in the Stars06 Oct 2012 7:51 p.m. PST

Doesn't take all that long for a unit to develop it's own personality. The Kentucky was laid down in like 1996, and she had one 'quirky' personality (more typically, referred to as the vulgate for female dog). The Georgia was much nicer to me.

If/when I get around to gaming with Marines (not Army), I'm going to have to get a few of those. NOTHING says 'MARINES' like an AAV

Sorry - only trusted members can post on the forums.